PDA

View Full Version : Script Error Message

Talen
March 15th, 2017, 23:57
I've exported an adventure module and when loading the module I have an issue when adding an exported encounter to the combat tracker (PFRPG ruleset). I'm getting the following

Script Error:[string"scripts/manager_combat.lua"] 832: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image

I've exported the tokens and they appeared to come over properly but this clearly looks related to the tokens (one's I've manually created so no encryption issues).

Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Talen
March 16th, 2017, 00:15
And Part 2 related to a second adventure export. On this one, when attempting to add the encounter to the combat tracker, I get the following "Module Load" message. The module is presumably already activated (I did so in the modules section and also by clicking the check box in this notification window)

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2017, 11:59
How are you exporting the tokens? You should have them in a folder called tokens in your campaign directory. Both problems are likely being caused by a mismatch in the name of the NPCs and the tokens assigned to them; either the tokens aren't being exported with the module properly or the names of the NPCs don't match the tokens or there may even be a misspelling somewhere along the line.

Trenloe
March 16th, 2017, 13:15
[B]Script Error:[string"scripts/manager_combat.lua"] 832: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image
Hhhmmm, the addToken code is not on that line number in the standard v3.2.3 ruleset.

What version does CoreRPG report in your chat window?
Are you running any extensions?

Trenloe
March 16th, 2017, 13:20
Further info on things to check when receiving script errors here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

Talen
March 16th, 2017, 22:06
Thanks Trenloe and Zacchaeus for the suggestions..

1. I root caused my first problem regarding the script error. It was related to my idiot notion that the 3.5 and Pathfinder rulesets were interchangeable. The module was created with 3.5 and I get the error when loading into a PFRPG campaign. Everything is fine when loading into 3.5. So - Issue identified, but can I compensate for my initial mistake of creating in 3.5 when I want to run in PFRPG? And what are the differences between the 2 rulesets anyway?

2. Im still at a loss for the "module load" problem. I have removed all extensions (both at export and in the campaign I am loading into - and I have created a token folder within the campaign, and I still get the message.I am running 3.2.3 when launching FG, but the chat window lists 3.2.2 for PFRPG, 3.5 and CoreRPG.

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2017, 22:24
Thanks Trenloe and Zacchaeus for the suggestions..

2. Im still at a loss for the "module load" problem. I have removed all extensions (both at export and in the campaign I am loading into - and I have created a token folder within the campaign, and I still get the message.I am running 3.2.3 when launching FG, but the chat window lists 3.2.2 for PFRPG, 3.5 and CoreRPG.

The Core should be the same number as the FG 1.e. 3.2.3. Check your rulesets folder for any errant folders (there shouldn't be any - so delete them) or any .tmp files. If you find any then delete them. If there's nothing like that delete the coreRPG.pak file and do an update. I think the PFRPG should also have the same number but I'm not sure.

Trenloe
March 16th, 2017, 22:35
The Core should be the same number as the FG 1.e. 3.2.3.
Not always. There were no specific ruleset updates in v3.2.3 so a lot of them still show 3.2.2.

Patchnotes here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html The v3.2.3 fix is just in the FantasyGrounds.exe application file.

Trenloe
March 16th, 2017, 22:36
I think Talen needs to look at the extensions he has loaded when he gets the error message...

Also - for item #2, you'll probably have to open up the exported module and see what the encounter/NPC links are showing - I'm guessing the module name after the @ in the link is causing the issue. There have been some export link issues fixed in v3.3.

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2017, 22:39
Not always. There were no specific ruleset updates in v3.2.3 so a lot of them still show 3.2.2.

Patchnotes here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html The v3.2.3 fix is just in the FantasyGrounds.exe application file.

Yes, of course. I keep forgetting that sneaky little patch; my apologies for the misleading information.

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2017, 22:40
I think Talen needs to look at the extensions he has loaded when he gets the error message...

Also - for item #2, you'll probably have to open up the exported module and see what the encounter/NPC links are showing - I'm guessing the module name after the @ in the link is causing the issue. There have been some export link issues fixed in v3.3.

One possibility - check that there's no double spaces in the title of the module you are exporting.

Talen
March 16th, 2017, 23:23
Thanks for the continued help - in response to the last batch of suggestions:

1. I have deactivated all extensions both at module export and in the campaign in which I am attempting to load the module-same issue.

2. I have renamed the file to eliminate all spaces - same issue.

In opening the db.xml for the exported mod, it looks like I'm not exporting the tokens properly since the file name seems to be looking for the original file name structure rather than the new directory I created. I've created a tken folder in the campaign to be exported - but lloks like I need to ccreate the same directory and subdirectory structure. For example, the xml file is looking for "tokens/Rippers/Egyptian Warrior 2.png@PFS0705SchoolofSpirits" when I suspect what I have actually created is only "tokens/Egyptian Warrior 2.png@PFS0705SchoolofSpirits". Ill test that one out and let you know.

Also re my first question - I'm assuming I can manually change the ruleset definition in the definition.xml file so that the module I created in 3.5 can run in PFRPG?

Trenloe
March 16th, 2017, 23:26
Also re my first question - I'm assuming I can manually change the ruleset definition in the definition.xml file so that the module I created in 3.5 can run in PFRPG?
PFRPG has a <acceptfrom ruleset="3.5E" /> statement in the ruleset, so you should be able to open modules tagged for 3.5E in PFRPG.

Talen
March 17th, 2017, 00:11
PFRPG has a <acceptfrom ruleset="3.5E" /> statement in the ruleset, so you should be able to open modules tagged for 3.5E in PFRPG.

Nope - I get the script error when I try to open in PFRRPG but not in 3.5. The great news thanks to your suggestion to look at the xml is that changing the ruleset definition to PFRPG solves the problem. Similarly, keeping the same folder structure in the token file I created within the campaign took care of the other issue.

So bottom line, thanks to bot of you, both of my mods open in the manner I wanted them to - so thank you both!

Trenloe
March 17th, 2017, 00:16
Nope - I get the script error when I try to open in PFRRPG but not in 3.5.
Can you confirm the error message you're getting? I'm particularly interested in the line number - as the original error you posted is not a valid line number in the standard CoreRPG ruleset.

Talen
March 17th, 2017, 00:39
grrrr....so ofcourse, I'm trying to recreate it and it's not happening again. So maybe the PFRPG wasn't the deciding factor....but if that wasn't it, I don't know what I did at the time that changed it and cant duplicate the problem at the moment.

Trenloe
March 17th, 2017, 00:44
grrrr....so ofcourse, I'm trying to recreate it and it's not happening again. So maybe the PFRPG wasn't the deciding factor....but if that wasn't it, I don't know what I did at the time that changed it and cant duplicate the problem at the moment.
I think it might have something to do with the Enhanced Image extension.