PDA

View Full Version : Working up a Hunter: the Vigil campaign, checking for interest

Black Hammer
March 15th, 2017, 22:30
Currently mapping out a Hunter: the Vigil campaign. So far I have a couple of people interested, but am looking at recruiting a few more before I launch the campaign proper. Plan as of now is to start first week of April, Wednesday the 5th. Feel free to post or message me with any interest or questions.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: nWoD/CoD Hunter: the Vigil

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Wednesday nights, 8PM
If new game, planned start date: April 5th
Planned Duration & Frequency: Four hour session each week
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice primarily
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 85% Roleplay / 15% Combat. It's Hunter, combat is rarely your friend

Number of Players in game & needed: Aiming at five or six. I have a few interested already.
Character restrictions: Base humans/hunters.

Details of your scenario:
( Wall of fluff text )
You flew back home for a wedding, but it lined up with the funeral too. It seems like years since you were here. Maybe it has; you finished high school here, despite the weirdness, but went away for college and never quite found your way back for long. Perhaps you, or your parents, followed the manufacturing and shipping jobs as they drifted elsewhere. Might be only a recent transfer to a nearby town, or the better part of a decade spent abroad.

Regardless, everything seems the same as when you left. But smaller than you remember. Dirtier, too. More "For Sale" signs, thousands of square feet of property for rent, and construction projects just started then stand unfinished now. Remember that one office building site everyone used hit up looking for tools to jack? Still vacant. Some corporate conglomerate picked up a bunch of the lots, but that one is still locked in some bankruptcy purgatory.

The people are the same, though; everyone remembers you. Sort of. It takes some prodding. Mention your parent's names, what you do now, who you went to school with, and then they remember you. Most of those schoolmates aren't around, either. Carl went overseas, didn't come back. Frank went to college, does something with computers out in California, they think. Rita didn't want to take over the restaurant; ran off with some customer from out of town, nobody knows where she is now. Eileen caught an internship with Xanodyne, but after a few promotions, she's too good to talk to us now.

(And now tacky details)
Starting up a Hunter the Vigil campaign. The introductory hook is the characters returning to their home town and meeting up at a high school friend's funeral. As they reminisce over the good times and the bad, they notice a pattern of oddities and decide to look into it. Expectation is for this to be a long term campaign, with a higher Hunter Tiers and other weirdness coming into play over time.

Litvyak
March 16th, 2017, 05:16
As long as the start time was after 7:00pm EST, I'd definitely be interested.

Black Hammer
March 17th, 2017, 23:02
As long as the start time was after 7:00pm EST, I'd definitely be interested.

Definitely a possibility. I think two of my other core players feel a little later is better, so that will probably work out.

Black Hammer
March 28th, 2017, 01:28
Updated to reflect start date and some more setting material.

Black Hammer
April 3rd, 2017, 19:04
Updated again because 8PM seemed to work better for most of my players. I've got my quorum and the campaign will be starting up this Wednesday. For anyone wondering about specifics, it is Hunter the Vigil using the Chronicles of Darkness 2nd Edition or God-Machine Chronicles update. No experience needed; the basic rules are not terribly complicated, and we'll be learning the rest as we go.

Wind Serpent
April 4th, 2017, 15:31
Do you still have room for another player in your group? If you do, I would be interested.

Black Hammer
April 4th, 2017, 19:14
Do you still have room for another player in your group? If you do, I would be interested.

Yup. Will message you.

Black Hammer
April 27th, 2017, 04:44
Just had a spot open up in this campaign if anyone is interested in chasing serial killers and other monstrous things.