PDA

View Full Version : FG maximizing to different screen

graphil
March 15th, 2017, 21:16
I have 3 screens on my PC. 2 running 3840 x 2160 and the 3rd 1920 x 1080. Display set up is 3 1 2
I move FG to screen 2 and hit maximize. However it maximizes on screen 1 rather than 2 where it is on. No matter what I do it maxes on screen 1 and not 2.
Can you advise on what I need to do to get it to max on screen 2.

Also how can I get it to maximize over both screen 1 and 2?

LordEntrails
March 15th, 2017, 21:32
FG will always maximize to screen 1 and just screen one.

Unless you are using something like NVidia's display manager, you will have to simply resize the FG window to be the full size of which ever screen(s) you want it to be. If you turn off Windows edge snapping, you can then easily drag FG to resize across two screens.

Andraax
March 15th, 2017, 22:58
FG will always maximize to screen 1 and just screen one.

I can maximize it on any of my screens. Must be a video card thing.

spite
March 22nd, 2017, 01:17
I have this issue, I can maximise to screen 1 or 3, but 2 will always revert to screen 1. :/

celestian
March 22nd, 2017, 01:52
Something else I might add that I found extremely useful was that you can NOT maximize FG and stretch it across all your screens. It's a bit awkward in different reso monitors but otherwise it gives TONS more workspace for me.

graphil
March 22nd, 2017, 20:08
spite, you are right. Tried screen 3 as well and it stuck. Sounds like a bug to me.
Dev's can you confirm?

Moon Wizard
March 22nd, 2017, 20:15
We've seen this, but the windows API does not provide that sort of control. It just allows us to set the maximize flag property for the window.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
March 22nd, 2017, 22:07
It has more to do with your graphics driver (as mentioned in #2). Three screens probably means you are running two on the graphics card and one off the motherboard or similar (2 HMDI, one DVI or USB etc).

As Moon mentions, Windows doesn't give the applications this level of control. Some graphics driver do, and usually only with the Profiles or something like that.

Beldak
March 22nd, 2017, 22:22
If you are running Windows 10 (maybe 8), you can try the keyboard hotkey, Win+Shift+Left Arrow (or right). That sends the current screen you are on (mouse/click) to a different screen. Let us know if that works.

Allmight
March 22nd, 2017, 22:34
If you are running Windows 10 (maybe 8), you can try the keyboard hotkey, Win+Shift+Left Arrow (or right). That sends the current screen you are on (mouse/click) to a different screen. Let us know if that works.

Does not work in maximised mode. It drops out to normal window mode.

graphil
March 22nd, 2017, 23:03
Got 2 GTX 1080 in SLI mode running 3 screens.

dkabq
July 25th, 2017, 02:15
I am having this same issue. I have three screens driven by two GTX 960s. If I maximize FG, it jumps to my main display with the top bar (i.e., with the FG icon and says "Fantasy Grounds") not visible. If I then right-click and choose "restore window" it jumps back, resized, to its original monitor. I have tested other programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Adobe Reader, Steam, etc.) and none of them do this; they simply maximize on their screen, with the top bar *not* cut off.

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2017, 02:46
FG will only maximize to primary screen. You'll need to leave unmaximized, and drag to make larger on other screens.

Regards,
JPG

dkabq
July 25th, 2017, 02:54
FG will only maximize to primary screen. You'll need to leave unmaximized, and drag to make larger on other screens.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for the response.

I had figured out what you said -- was just hoping there was a way around this "feature". :)

spite
July 25th, 2017, 03:04
It's weird that you say that Moon, as for me it will maximise to 2/3 of my monitors, but not the 3rd :P

LordEntrails
July 25th, 2017, 04:12
A work around is to define a different monitor as your primary/default monitor (I forget what it's called). Also, Spite, it depends on your graphics driver. Sometimes the driver will override the default Windows behavior and let you do things that Windows alone won't. You will have to play with your driver settings to see what's possible.