PDA

View Full Version : Movement in Locked-Down Mode

swbuza
March 15th, 2017, 03:57
Is there a way for the GM to reject a move? How to get rid of the arrow and make them wait their turn or redraw the path to walk around objects? The arrow just sits there unapproved.

How can you make the arrow tool only snap to the middle of squares? The way it seems to work is that you snap to any of 9 positions per square on the grid and my players are often standing on grid lines after their move.

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
March 15th, 2017, 04:03
1) Grab the token and move it around without releasing the button as the GM, and return it to the original spot. That should remove the path. The player can also do this.

2) The arrow tool will snap to any valid grid point where objects can snap. Since large tokens and area of effect markers (circles, squares, cones) need to be able to snap to corners and edges of squares, the arrow does as well.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 15th, 2017, 04:06
Just briefly move the token (GM) a little to the side and back to it's original place to remove the movement request line.

You need all of the snap options to be able to place larger than one square tokens properly - 2x2, 4x4, 6x6 need the corner snap, 1x2 need the middle of the edge snap. As Moon Wizard has mentioned while I'm typing this, the arrows and shapes use these snap point too.

swbuza
March 15th, 2017, 04:44
I foresee my players using 2x2 and larger tokens about once per millennium. Meanwhile, every round of combat at least one player is standing on a line. I guess it comes down to training.

Trenloe
March 15th, 2017, 04:56
Enlarge Person once per millennium is a good rate. ;)

Or suddenly you get a PC with Summon Monster who like to use it a lot (I think Summon Monster III is when a lot of the creatures end up being large).

Plus, the snap settings are for the image as a whole, you can't have different ones for the player or the GM. I'm sure the GM will use the odd large creature a bit more regularly than once per millennium. ;)

Yep, train those players! :D