PDA

View Full Version : Dipping my toes in!

Maasq
March 13th, 2017, 23:56
Hi folks

I just thought I'd poke my nose in and say hello. I have been taking part in a campaign on FG, and I have very much caught the bug. I've got myself an Ultimate subscription and I've started creating my first campaign. Ever the optimist, I'm writing it from scratch and then I'll be inputting it to FG. I've already thrown together a small 2 room combat slog in FG as a proof of concept, and I'll be looking to host this sometime soon just to see if I understand how all the tools work on the DM side of things. I'm nervous though - performance anxiety hahaha!

I'll post in the LFG section when I'm ready to run with the wee proof-of-concept, but do you think that people will bother their backside with signing up? Or should I just hold off till I have a proper adventure written?

If anyone needs a devastatingly handsome Scotsman in their campaign, BTW, I am open to offers (GMT evenings).

/Salute, and thanks for reading :)

Maasq

Zacchaeus
March 14th, 2017, 00:12
Hi Maasq, welcome to FG. Unfortunately the devastatingly handsome Scotsman position is already filled :D

You could look to run your short adventure as a one shot during the forthcoming FG con (details in the link in my sig) or post in the LFG one shots. Who knows where it might lead. Oh, and also check the log channel on discord. Sticky in the common channel (I think).

Maasq
March 14th, 2017, 00:24
Hi Maasq, welcome to FG. Unfortunately the devastatingly handsome Scotsman position is already filled :D

You could look to run your short adventure as a one shot during the forthcoming FG con (details in the link in my sig) or post in the LFG one shots. Who knows where it might lead. Oh, and also check the log channel on discord. Sticky in the common channel (I think).

Always too late :) Story of my life! hehe
The short adventure wouldn't be appropriate for the convention - it is literally two rooms with no story, just to test mechanics. Also, as an utter novice, I wouldn't want to waste folks' time. I'll post in the one-shot group; thanks for that.

Cheers for the reply!

Maasq

damned
March 14th, 2017, 01:55
Welcome Maasq - Im sure you will find a couple of willing victims :)

kp9911
March 14th, 2017, 17:44
Unfortunately the devastatingly handsome Scotsman position is already filled :D

Such a tease!

Trenloe
March 14th, 2017, 17:54
Such a tease!
It's easy for him to say "devastatingly handsome Scotsman" virtually.

Zacchaeus
March 14th, 2017, 20:59
It's easy for him to say "devastatingly handsome Scotsman" virtually.

It's the only place I can say it ;)