PDA

View Full Version : Not able to find purchased adventure through Steam

Kharl
March 13th, 2017, 19:51
Hello, I have purchased other products in the Steam store before, so I am used to downloading, and activating them in the Modules part of the Library. In this case, after trying everything I can, I am not able to find it.

The only change I can think of, is that in this case is a Mini Dungeon. DO i have to look for it elsewhere? If not, what could I be missing? (PC version aparently, updating correctly)

Thank you in advance,

Kharl

Kharl
March 13th, 2017, 21:42
Messing with the steam DLC checkboxes, I have been able to see that the update aparently downloads the file FG5EMD010.mod, but after there is nowhere to be found that file. In the whole PC. There might be some problems with the permissions?

I am lost, but I keep trying :-)

Kharl
March 13th, 2017, 22:09
Ok, I can repeat it as many times as liked. I uncheck the DLC checkboxes on Steam. Launch the update on FG. Exit. Check the DLC. Run on FG, I see the file aparently being downloaded.

On the update.log I can read :
Getting manifest for Steam package (550680)
updating modules/FG5EMD010.mod
Update check complete

But that file does not appear anywhere. I have always had my Data directory on Dropbox (so that I prepare my games on my Desktop, and bring my Laptop to the table), it has always worked fine but I mention it in case it has any relationship.

Zacchaeus
March 13th, 2017, 22:13
Hi Kharl. Welcome to FG. There's no special place this should be just because it's a mini dungeon. After it downloads you shoul be able to activate it in the modules window of the Library. Make sure that FG is pointing to the correct location for your data by clicking on the data folder icon in the start up screen and comparing that with where you think it is.

Zacchaeus
March 13th, 2017, 22:14
Ah, ok. Dropbox is very bad. Don't have your data in Dropbox. That's your problem.

Trenloe
March 13th, 2017, 22:31
Yep, don't have your FG data stored on any sync storage.

Also, this module may be part of the encrypted vault. Look for FG5EMD010.dat in the <FG App Data>\vault directory.

Kharl
March 13th, 2017, 22:40
You are right Trenloe, I have that File FG5EMD010.DAT in the vault directory, how can I load it?

Trenloe
March 13th, 2017, 22:43
You are right Trenloe, I have that File FG5EMD010.DAT in the vault directory, how can I load it?
The normal way. Load up a 5E campaign and go to Library -> Modules and activate.

Also, check that your FG install does not show "Free" in the top right hand corner of the main startup splash screen.

Nylanfs
March 13th, 2017, 23:12
This may be one of the older modules that are in the story tab and not the reference library?