PDA

View Full Version : Bug or not

Blackwolf
March 13th, 2017, 16:42
Last night I was helping a New Player Go over and adjust some things on a premade character to join in a game of level 4 players. When her Initiative modifier got a little +2 in the top right corner above the box it should be in when I increased her dexterity to a 12 that gave her a +1 modifier for a total Init mod of +3. I cant see how that can get in there nor remove it. I have done a temp fix by Appling a -2 in the misc. box.

Nylanfs
March 13th, 2017, 16:48
She probably hit the scroll wheel while the curser was over it.

Trenloe
March 13th, 2017, 16:54
See "Temporary Modifiers" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/The_Basics#Number_Fields You usually have to hold down the CTRL key and use the mouse-wheel to adjust. See Mouse Wheel Editing here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Options#Client

Blackwolf
March 13th, 2017, 17:02
Yep that was it any way to lock that? So it doesn't happen again.

Trenloe
March 13th, 2017, 18:01
Yep that was it any way to lock that? So it doesn't happen again.
It's a built in piece of functionality to specifically allow temporary modifiers to be applied. The option to insist on the CTRL key being held down reduces the chance of it occurring randomly significantly (e.g. why would a user be using CTRL + scroll wheel otherwise?). Make sure that the option is set to CTRL (the default) and the chances of this occurring are minimal. Otherwise, it should just be a very quick scan of a character sheet to see if any of the temporary modifiers have been applied.

Nickademus
March 13th, 2017, 21:44
(e.g. why would a user be using CTRL + scroll wheel otherwise?)

If Ctrl is their push-to-talk they could mouse wheel over something while talking and edit/shrink it instead. I see this a lot actually.

@ Blackwolf
The option for mouse wheel scrolling is set to require Ctrl by default. Did you change it at some point in time?

Blackwolf
March 16th, 2017, 01:26
It is now set to control and hopefully they will not do it again other wise ill have to TKP them.

Blackwolf
March 18th, 2017, 20:48
Ok here is something else odd this 4th level wizard shows 5 first and 5 second level spells available for casting she is a mountain dwarf intelligence of 17 and does not have any items or abilities/feats that give more spells. Any idea why it is giving more than the correct 4 first and 3 second level spells for a 4th level wizard for spells to cast?

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2017, 21:11
Ok here is something else odd this 4th level wizard shows 5 first and 5 second level spells available for casting she is a mountain dwarf intelligence of 17 and does not have any items or abilities/feats that give more spells. Any idea why it is giving more than the correct 4 first and 3 second level spells for a 4th level wizard for spells to cast?

The most likely explanation is that the user has (inadvertently or otherwise) altered the numbers in preparation mode. Another possibility is that the character is not a 'fresh' character. For example the user could have been playing about with higher level characters or some other class and instead of starting a fresh character when creating the wizard has simply deleted the existing information and started a wizard. Since FG doesn't roll back deleted classes it can cause issues.

Blackwolf
March 19th, 2017, 05:57
OK it was altered numbers in spell prep. Thanks.