PDA

View Full Version : it seem cool

Qc Storm
December 7th, 2005, 02:12
ill download the demo

i want you guys to tell me what you think about fantasy grounds

Crusader
December 7th, 2005, 05:48
Well, I love it. Visually it's stunning, and the ease of use and adaptibility is great as well. Of course, if you want to adapt it to a new rulesystem or to change the existing you'll have to be prepared to do some work in regards to XML-coding, but it's not that difficult once you get the knack of it. One of the great things with FG is that just about everything can be changed to your own wishes.

NeoDante
December 7th, 2005, 07:25
If you're looking to simulate table top D&D it's a fantastic program-There's a good user community, the devs are really good at updating and maintaining the program-and it's really easy to use.

If you're looking to play other games besides D&D it's 'do-able' as Crusader mentions above.

Craw
December 7th, 2005, 16:48
I'm having a blast with it. I and several friends who haven't played in years are back into the game.

Alkaven
December 7th, 2005, 16:54
As others have mentioned, the application looks very pretty and Crusader got it right on the money: It's easy to use. They replaced alot of the automation you find in other applications with dynamic shortcuts, giving you the freedom and handling everyone desires.

Feature-wise, I don't think it's ranks #1, but as NeoDante mentioned, the devs are really good at maintaining the program. I haven't seen a new patch yet since I got here, but it sounds like they're supporting the program really well, providing new features with each major patch.

Another advantage (not sure if it's been mentioned already) is that Fantasy Grounds was compiled with a low-level language (instead of that cheesy managed-code stuff). So it'll run very smoothly.

LordTomar
December 7th, 2005, 17:15
After getting this program I started playing PnP DnD again, havent played it in years because it was just too much of a pain to find local groups were I live that played. I joined a really great group of people and have really enjoyed every session we have had with the game, some with bad problems others ran flawless.

What I love with this program is that it is a "virtual tabletop" so it does not automate anything, or nearly nothing. This makes it so you can do anything your character can imagine.

Qc Storm
December 7th, 2005, 20:20
i never played D&D, but i watched friends playing it, and it looked cool :D i downloaded the demo, but i dont really understand all the stuff in there,someone have the demo and want to try something with me :(?

NeoDante
December 8th, 2005, 01:18
Just to be clear-you do understand this isn't a 'game' unto itself right? It's just a medium for facilitating pen and paper gaming (D&D by default).
I.E. it doesn't really 'DO' anything on it's own...except roll dice I guess.

That said, if you don't have a group of friends ready to play with, you can head over to the 'Guild House' section of the forum and jump in a game there.

I hope that helps.