PDA

View Full Version : FG Feature Requests

redslay5
March 12th, 2017, 21:13
Hello,

I am writing this post as I have not seen any information or any new information on the status of a few features. Just a quick background, I am new to FG as my friends and I have been using roll20 but, I have convinced them to give FG a shot. With that being said, my friends are still comparing everything to roll20 and have a negative impression because some of the features that roll20 has are not in FG, or at least not yet. If someone could please provide an update to the questions I have below, I would appreciate it.

1. Is there a server model being developed? What I mean is that since the home internet connection is not as stable as a data center connection, is there a server model installation of FG? I would like to use my personal server to run the FG host and connect to the server as a client. This would be better than a spotty residential connection.

2. What is the status on the unity version? I ask this because one of the biggest disappointments is that FG can't do dynamic lighting currently.

If anyone else has any feature requests, please post your questions here as well. My hope is to get an answer from the developers on where these features are in the development process or if they are even being developed at all.

Thanks

damned
March 12th, 2017, 22:57
At this stage the answer is no - there is no server model being developed. This has other advantages but it is reliant then on the GMs internet connection. Unity is being developed heavily but no timelines will be announced. When the product is all but finished then we will get a date...

And welcome redslay5!

Zacchaeus
March 12th, 2017, 23:01
Welcome redslay5. You can add your feature requests here (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/). You'll find dynamic lighting is fairly near the top of the list.

leozelig
March 13th, 2017, 23:33
2. What is the status on the unity version? I ask this because one of the biggest disappointments is that FG can't do dynamic lighting currently.

FG Unity will probably not have dynamic lighting on initial release. I believe they want to make sure that the current (non-Unity) functionality is working properly before adding new stuff.