PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 introduction to fantasy grounds and digital table tops

Orrion
March 12th, 2017, 20:25
Hello I'm a fairly new to d&d, I've been playing for about a year. Several of my friends and I have started several campaigns but we've never been able to get far due to personal lives, people failing to show or backing out, or dealing with people who haven't wanted to invest the time into understanding how the game works.

I'm trying to find and alternative means of playing. If I can get familarized with fantasy grounds I could possibly bring the few friends I have that are interested in playing a long with me. Any paitent DM or group looking for a extra player who wouldn't mind showing how fantasy grounds operates would be greatly appreciated. Just like many of you I have a family of my own and d&d is my one and only hobby that I enjoy playing in the little spare time i do get.

I am in central standard time(louisiana)
Weekends would be best for me
I also need to know if I need to purchase a license and or any of the books like the players hand book for FG
I am a 5th edition player
I enjoy games with high fantasy and a good plot
I enjoy role playing and combat 60/40

Sorry if this was long winded but I hope to hear from some of you soon. Thanks in advance and I look forward to becoming part of the fantasy grounds community.

damned
March 12th, 2017, 22:59
Hi Orrion - welcome. Make sure you apply to games being advertised that fit your needs. You will likely need a standard license or subscription unless the GM has an ultimate license. You dont need to buy any other DLC.

JerryRig
March 13th, 2017, 14:35
I'm running a pathfinder game (it's very much like AD&D ...an offshoot of it actually). Got room for you if you want to try it out. It's Sunday mornings at 9am Central running for about 4 hours a session.

The link to the info and whatnot is HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37122-(Pathfinder)-Serpents-Skull-Campaign-Starting-Sunday-s)

No purchase of anything needed to play.

Orrion
March 13th, 2017, 19:46
Hi Orrion - welcome. Make sure you apply to games being advertised that fit your needs. You will likely need a standard license or subscription unless the GM has an ultimate license. You dont need to buy any other DLC.

Thanks for the reply damned, I'll check it out.

Orrion
March 13th, 2017, 19:51
I'm running a pathfinder game (it's very much like AD&D ...an offshoot of it actually). Got room for you if you want to try it out. It's Sunday mornings at 9am Central running for about 4 hours a session.

The link to the info and whatnot is HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37122-(Pathfinder)-Serpents-Skull-Campaign-Starting-Sunday-s)

No purchase of anything needed to play.

Hey Jerry! Thanks for the offer but I must humbly decline. I'm familiar with 5e rules bit I've never dipped into any other format. On top of not being familiar with fantasy grounds I would hate to slow down your game even further by having to ask you and your players about the pathfinder rule set. Again thank you for the offer.