PDA

View Full Version : How do you change stats on Monsters (non-Monster Manual)

3dartwork
March 11th, 2017, 17:21
They are all in Read Only. I can't make any adjustments to them? I have the Basic License and am the GM

jasonthelamb
March 11th, 2017, 17:24
Drag and drop them into the NPCs tile on the right side, and then you can edit them.

3dartwork
March 11th, 2017, 17:31
Ah, thank you. I would not have guessed to drag it in there first. While I can unlock a monster now, I am unable to drag equipment into the Actions. Do you have to manually type equipment?

jasonthelamb
March 11th, 2017, 19:11
I do not think Equipment can be dragged and dropped, I believe it has to be manually input. If it is a 5E feature, that's pretty cool.

LordEntrails
March 11th, 2017, 23:16
In 5E equipment can be dragged on the the PC inventory. Weapons will automatically be given corresponding actions on the actions tab if they are equipped. You can see this in the various getting started videos or in the manual.

jasonthelamb
March 12th, 2017, 06:41
In 5E equipment can be dragged on the the PC inventory. Weapons will automatically be given corresponding actions on the actions tab if they are equipped. You can see this in the various getting started videos or in the manual.

I believe he is talking about NPCs though, not PCs.

Trenloe
March 12th, 2017, 22:13
You can't drag/drop equipment to a NPC. You need to manually enter the relevant actions etc. for any equipment added.

Seananigans
March 13th, 2017, 04:10
Something else you can do is copy the MM record into your campaign record, which unlocks it. I've done this with the entire MM library, so I'm able to edit them on the fly (like to create zombie hill giants the other day). This allows you to edit the actual NPC record without being forced to only use the combat tracker or whatever.

Dracius
March 14th, 2017, 20:50
Something else you can do is copy the MM record into your campaign record, which unlocks it. I've done this with the entire MM library, so I'm able to edit them on the fly (like to create zombie hill giants the other day). This allows you to edit the actual NPC record without being forced to only use the combat tracker or whatever.

I want to do this just so I can fix all the errors and typos on the monsters and build out their abilities better.

Since it's licensed content I don't know if it could be sold by anyone other than FG, but I would pay money for "fixed" 5e monsters. Black dragon wyrmling is a good example that came up recently. The text for one of it's attacks got parsed as a separate ability so you can't roll damage on the acid breath unless you modify the monster.

Trenloe
March 14th, 2017, 20:53
Black dragon wyrmling is a good example that came up recently. The text for one of it's attacks got parsed as a separate ability so you can't roll damage on the acid breath unless you modify the monster.
If there are any issues with the FG representation of WotC products (i.e. the WotC data is correct, but the FG data is not) then please report them here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34656-5e-Bug-Reports-(Continued) They do get fixed.

Dracius
March 14th, 2017, 21:23
If there are any issues with the FG representation of WotC products (i.e. the WotC data is correct, but the FG data is not) then please report them here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34656-5e-Bug-Reports-(Continued) They do get fixed.

Will do!

I have no problem going through each monster line by line as long as I know the fruits of my labor won't fall on deaf ears. I'd rather have it fixed in the module than having duplicate entries for all the ones I've made corrections to. Some will need slight wording adjustments from RAW in order to parse properly, others look like they're just formatting issues that caused the abilities to break.

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2017, 21:27
Will do!

I have no problem going through each monster line by line as long as I know the fruits of my labor won't fall on deaf ears. I'd rather have it fixed in the module than having duplicate entries for all the ones I've made corrections to. Some will need slight wording adjustments from RAW in order to parse properly, others look like they're just formatting issues that caused the abilities to break.
That thread is really good. Zach and the team are really good about getting everything corrected in a timely manner (usually with the next update, i.e. every month or two). Though if you do go through large chunks, you might contact Zach directly (PM) and see if you can just send him a spreadsheet or see if he has one for you to fill out. Might make things easier on you and them.