PDA

View Full Version : New Conditions / Condition Location in Ruleset?

Lost Eventide
March 10th, 2017, 23:39
So. I've just been playing around with coding some extensions just to kind of add some automation and flavor to the setting of the campaign I'm participating in.

We specifically have some new conditions that are in place (like Chilled, Burning, etc.) and I was wondering where exactly the conditions are located in the ruleset so I can see how they are created with the hope of making an extension to automate them?

We're aware of the ability to make custom conditions via the effects tab, and currently we have done that, but it ultimately makes things look a bit messy because ALL the effects appear in the combat tracker rather than just a neat little name as is the case for Blinded and the like. Ideally, we want to be able to make it so the combat tracker shows just "Chilled," but all the effects take place if that makes sense. But I cannot, for the life of me, find where the existing condition effects are controlled so I can even begin to start looking into crafting an extension.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Trenloe
March 10th, 2017, 23:45
Welcome to the forums Lost Eventide !

The effects for conditions is coded in the relevant action manager in the scripts directory of the ruleset. For example, if a condition effects an attack roll (either the roll or the target AC) then it will be coded within the manager_action_action.lua file - most of them are coded starting at line 219.