PDA

View Full Version : Various AL questions I haven't found an answer for elsewhere

Trubo
March 10th, 2017, 18:12
Edit: Yet again I'm blind and failed to notice all the bold text. Thanks for the answers xanstin.

xanstin
March 10th, 2017, 23:32
1. Can a hardcover character that has leveled during the hardcover join AL games provided that the hardcover character was made following AL rules?

Yes

2. Suppose a DM runs a PotA module. While Orcsplitter would not be an eligible magic item that they could eventually transfer to one of their own characters due to it being Legendary, what about the alternative magic items that were listed? These are, to the best of my knowledge, a +2 weapon that deals an additional 2d6 damage to Orcs (don't know what the rarity is), a Manual of Golems (very rare, though not sure how you'd know what type of golem manual it is), Dwarven Plate, a +1 Maul that functions as a Decanter of Endless Ale, and a free Resurrection token from the Harpers.

If you mean a DM reward then no the alternative items aren't eligible. See the FAQ on AL organizers page for this item, has its own page (https://dndadventurersleague.org/orcsplitter/).

3. Is there a way on alonlinetools to list a game that one has DMed previously? I can see ways to set up games in the future, but I haven't found a way to enable a DM tracking option.

If you mean postings there is no reason to. If you want to track your DM xp, you can do so under DM--DM Rewards/Playtest similar to how you track PC ones.

4. Suppose one has a permanent magic item that they regret taking and cannot find someone to trade. If they make a log note stating that they threw it away, would it still count against their total magic item count?

Yes any permanent item you take always counts even if it was a consumable one like a book that raises stats or you threw it away.

Trubo
March 12th, 2017, 00:20
If you mean a DM reward then no the alternative items aren't eligible. See the FAQ on AL organizers page for this item, has its own page.

While I've been known to miss things, I didn't see any mention of item ineligibility for the Orcsplitter alternatives in that link, and the latest FAQ (https://dndadventurersleague.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/DDAL-FAQ-v3.0.pdf) makes no mention of Orcsplitter and its alternatives at all.

xanstin
March 12th, 2017, 00:28
Let me look for the post from the admins for you on the subject I thought it was in that FAQ but it isnt. Also my link above was a special faq just for orcsplitter.

Trubo
March 12th, 2017, 01:57
Let me look for the post from the admins for you on the subject I thought it was in that FAQ but it isnt. Also my link above was a special faq just for orcsplitter.

It seems to be a FAQ clarifying what the non-Orcsplitter rewards can be, rather than just the DM picking a magic item at random. Also, thank you.

xanstin
March 12th, 2017, 03:05
As a side note I am looking for the statement from the admins that you cant Dedicated DM the alternative options to one of your PCs

Trubo
March 13th, 2017, 16:13
In the meantime, I have another question. Suppose one has Friend of Kraddock and A Giant Challenge. If one spent the downtime days needed to complete A Giant Challenge, would one lose both the Friend of Kraddock and A Giant Challenge story awards, or only A Giant Challenge?