PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent MAC "sizing" / "moving" issue

Varsuuk
March 10th, 2017, 17:45
When I start up FG on my MacBook, I usually move cursor to top of window and drag it to upper left of my screen. Then I find the "sweet spot" in the lower right hand side of the FG (sepia/map-looking section) GUI and drag it out to the size I want, then I click Load Campaign or whatever. All is fine.

Occasionally, and I have no idea what is different or I am doing - I get the startup window in the dead center of my screen as usual - but now I cannot MOVE the FG GUI anywhere. I also cannot resize it but moving is definitely needed first anyhow.

In case it helps to indicate something, when I move my mouse up to the top app system bar, I notice the cursor stays as a "fat X" which reminds me of the look of my cursor on my windows box when I was running the XmingX server I sometimes use to get X apps on my Windows box. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I AM DOING NOW, I AM ON MAC and NO coming ;) I just used that comparison in case any of you guys have experience with Xming and recognize my description of their XWindows cursor shape.

Basically, I cannot use FG until it goes back to normal but for the life of me, I have no idea what causes it to go back...

I copy my Campaign subfolder from Windows box to MacBook all the time. I do not THINK this is it as it doesn't occur often and I copy the folders nearly every day. Plus I haven't even gotten to the Load Campaign click anyhow - Im on the splash/intro screen.

Help?? ;)

Trenloe
March 10th, 2017, 17:49
Occasionally, and I have no idea what is different or I am doing - I get the startup window in the dead center of my screen as usual - but now I cannot MOVE the FG GUI anywhere. I also cannot resize it but moving is definitely needed first anyhow.
Check the Window hasn't been maximised. Click the little restore window button to the left of the red X within the main FG window. If it's not maximised, maximise it and then restore - this might kick it out of the sizing issue.

Varsuuk
March 10th, 2017, 18:22
yeah, that was the problem - I didn't have a "title bar" with the min/max buttons.

After rebooting and restarting FG... FG window came up with that title bar and no longer is the mouse cursor "captured" outside of the gui and I can move/resize as normal.

I didn't notice was missing title bar because I have poor recall and rarely notice little things :(

Wonder what causes this to occur on my system. I never use "maximize" once I found out long back it didn't work right on Mac ;)

Trenloe
March 10th, 2017, 20:31
yeah, that was the problem - I didn't have a "title bar" with the min/max buttons.
If the window has been maximized FG has the "restore window" button within the FG splash screen interface. OR start up your campaign and access minimize/restore from the right-click menu on the desktop.