PDA

View Full Version : Couple Newbie FG questions

celestian
March 10th, 2017, 16:26
I've a few general newbie questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

* How does a player or DM indicate a spot on the map. Ping the map I guess is what roll20 people call it, in maptools you could hold alt+spacebar and it would let you point around the map.

* Is it possible to have a more visual indicator that something has "fallen" (dead, or health below 0)? The heal bar indicators are ok but I'm used to a big tombstone image overlayed on the token when the critter has reached 0 hp. I'd be happy with a big red X.

Other that that, so far, everything has been pretty easy to just figure out.

Tibius
March 10th, 2017, 18:15
You can point to a spot with and drawn arrow.. hold both mouse buttons down and roll the mouse the line color is the same color as your dice.
You can rotate the token upside down to indicate fallen ..

Trenloe
March 10th, 2017, 18:18
Yeah, use the quick line draw Tibius mentions.

For more permanent markers use the letter/number tokens to place on the map. Others have mentioned they have made coloured arrow tokens that can be dropped on the map also.

GM's can center the map on their view by re-sharing the image.

celestian
March 10th, 2017, 18:42
Hum, kinda clunky for pointing ;( Have to delete the line when you're done but for now it works.

The manual jazz for marking a npc dead was a bit to much. I did some fiddling in the ruleset and came up with this.

https://i.imgur.com/oih2Lpi.jpg

When the creature is dead it has the icon in center. If you heal them it removes. Same idea as the health bars but a little easier.

Thanks for the help fellas!

JohnD
March 10th, 2017, 19:20
Hum, kinda clunky for pointing ;( Have to delete the line when you're done but for now it works.

The manual jazz for marking a npc dead was a bit to much. I did some fiddling in the ruleset and came up with this.

https://i.imgur.com/oih2Lpi.jpg

When the creature is dead it has the icon in center. If you heal them it removes. Same idea as the health bars but a little easier.

Thanks for the help fellas!

Neat! Hope you share that.

celestian
March 10th, 2017, 19:31
Neat! Hope you share that.

Hum, well it's in the ruleset im working on. Did you mean post the code snippet? Assuming you use the 5e ruleset it's just a entry in manager_token2.lua and the associated graphics entry. Be happy to post that or did you mean another way?

Trenloe
March 10th, 2017, 20:29
Just do a quick click of both mouse buttons and it will remove the arrow. It's super quick to draw and remove an arrow using this method.

celestian
March 10th, 2017, 20:40
Just do a quick click of both mouse buttons and it will remove the arrow. It's super quick to draw and remove an arrow using this method.

AHHH! I missed that part . That makes it less clunky, thanks ;)

LordEntrails
March 11th, 2017, 02:41
Someone will correct this, but I think the SW ruleset replaces a dead NPC with a splatter token. You could look into that if it does.

JohnD
March 11th, 2017, 20:56
Someone will correct this, but I think the SW ruleset replaces a dead NPC with a splatter token. You could look into that if it does.

It does but that's just until you end your session; it doesn't carry forward.

celestian
March 12th, 2017, 00:31

It does but that's just until you end your session; it doesn't carry forward.

I've added the feature into my ruleset, and it's persistent, so I'm good. If I get the time and can sort out how extensions work I might make one so others using the 5e ruleset will be able to do the same.