PDA

View Full Version : Questions about effects

Gariot
March 10th, 2017, 12:50
Hey guys,

i am just created some new chars, implemented them in FG and was happy. But i noticed something - i made some Dwarves and in Pathfinder the little guys have a lot of modifiers for different stuff. Like "+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities" on saving throws. I wonder if its possible to create an effect to apply that? I read the wiki page but... uhm.. its hard to understand for me :/

Also there is stuff like "+4 dodge bonus to AC against humanoid creatures of the giant subtype. " or "+1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes due to special training against these hated foes." - "+4 bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground."

And probably more i forgot. I really, really wonder if its possible to add effects for any of that.

Hopefully the wiki gets more and better explained examples in the effect category :D

Callum
March 10th, 2017, 13:49
The "+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities" can't be automatically applied by an effect, since there's no way for Fantasy Grounds to distinguish those conditions when making a saving throw. Just as when you're playing with pen and paper, you'll have to look out for those situations and manually apply the modifier. Similarly, Fantasy Grounds can't know whether a character is standing on the ground.

The IF and IFT tags can be used for some of the other effects, for example:

IFT: TYPE(giant); AC: 4,dodge
IFT: TYPE(orc); ATK: 1
IFT: TYPE(goblinoid); ATK: 1

These depend on targeting being used.