PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker Issue

Elfuthark
March 9th, 2017, 13:54
Hi all I seem to be having some problems with my combat tracker when running as DM, before when I clicked on the sword icon in the combat tracker on the character it would show me their actions, the weapons you could use, what was needed to roll for a hit and lastly what to roll if successful with a hit. Now I am only getting the following as in the below screenshot. If I click on the NPC's it displays everything as expected it's just the PC's its obviously something I'm doing as it did work before but has all of a sudden changed to this. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Zacchaeus
March 9th, 2017, 14:54
The expanded information for players in the CT was removed a long time ago. Since it wasn't needed. The NPCs still show the full details.

Elfuthark
March 9th, 2017, 15:11
The expanded information for players in the CT was removed a long time ago. Since it wasn't needed. The NPCs still show the full details.

But in the DM view only a few days ago when messing about I was able to throw for the PC's but in my screenshot I uploaded it's only showing reactions which is confusing me, the only way to throw an action is to open their character sheet of the player and drag it from the actions there. Here's another screenshot to show what I mean, this time I've opened up the Goblins attacks and you can see them listed but the Players is not.

Trenloe
March 9th, 2017, 15:40
But in the DM view only a few days ago when messing about I was able to throw for the PC's but in my screenshot I uploaded it's only showing reactions which is confusing me, the only way to throw an action is to open their character sheet of the player and drag it from the actions there.]
As Zacchaeus says, player actions in the combat tracker were removed a few years ago as they are just too complex to manage within the CT - and the actions in the CT are primarily for the GM running NPCs. I'm sorry, but you must be confused - or managed to find a very old ruleset somewhere? Open the PC sheet and roll from there.

Zacchaeus
March 9th, 2017, 15:43
I can only repeat that the actions for PCs was removed from the CT months ago (if not over a year ago). It may be that you only recently updated.

If you need to roll for the PCs (and there's no real reason why you should need to); you will have to open their character sheets and do it from there. Assuming the PCs are properly set up on the CT and map and they have targetted a target properly you can double click - you don't need to drag.

Elfuthark
March 9th, 2017, 15:45
As Zacchaeus says, player actions in the combat tracker were removed a few years ago as they are just too complex to manage within the CT - and the actions in the CT are primarily for the GM running NPCs. I'm sorry, but you must be confused - or managed to find a very old ruleset somewhere? Open the PC sheet and roll from there.

I must be getting confused then as I've been doing loads of playing about with the software and watching tutorials lol. I did find it in the official video what I thought I had done but maybe I've watched this video and thought I did it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP7oeHO-nQs

3 minutes into this video, I know he's using the Spells but you can see the Actions here for Melee Attack (Notice the video is 2015)

Elfuthark
March 9th, 2017, 15:48
I can only repeat that the actions for PCs was removed from the CT months ago (if not over a year ago). It may be that you only recently updated.

If you need to roll for the PCs (and there's no real reason why you should need to); you will have to open their character sheets and do it from there. Assuming the PCs are properly set up on the CT and map and they have targetted a target properly you can double click - you don't need to drag.

Brilliant, Thanks for keeping me right :)

Trenloe
March 9th, 2017, 15:49
3 minutes into this video, I know he's using the Spells but you can see the Actions here for Melee Attack (Notice the video is 2015)
"Githzerai Zerth 2" is a NPC who's been made friendly (click the skull/helmet from red to green). It's not a PC record. You can see this at 2:13 in the video - it's a NPC sheet, not a PC sheet.

Elfuthark
March 9th, 2017, 15:52
"Githzerai Zerth 2" is a NPC who's been made friendly (click the skull/helmet from red to green). It's not a PC record. You can see this at 2:13 in the video - it's a NPC sheet, not a PC sheet.

Us newbies just aren't up to speed hahaha Thanks for clarifying everything for me, now that makes sense

Zacchaeus
March 9th, 2017, 15:58
I found where this was changed in the patch notes (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html). Scroll down to V 3.1.0 issued in June 2015

Elfuthark
March 9th, 2017, 16:02
I found where this was changed in the patch notes (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html). Scroll down to V 3.1.0 issued in June 2015

Good spot thanks, I've just tested it all out with everything you both have explained and yeah all is good now :) Not that I expect to be rolling for the PC's I just thought I'd done something wrong when I seen the actions were missing. BIG thanks again to you both for clarifying everything.