PDA

View Full Version : RolemasterClassic v1.7.6

Dakadin
March 9th, 2017, 01:57
There is a new version of the Rolemaster Classic ruleset (v1.7.6) which should be available the next time you update. There are only a few minor changes.

Here are the update notes:
• When adding NPCs to the Combat Tracker they will default to enemies instead of neutral
• Ability to open the Images folder in game
• Fixed - Script error when rolling NPC Move and MM
• Fixed - Dropping attacks on tokens uses the old target values instead of the target being dropped on
• Fixed - Dev Pts section in the skill up area does not update to reflect any Stat Gains made

Files Changed:
campaign\campaign_images.xml
campaign\template_campaign.xml
charassist\charassist_skilldev.xml
ct\scripts\ct.lua
ct\scripts\ct_entry.lua
graphics\graphics_frames.xml
graphics\graphics_misc.xml
graphics\graphics_radial.xml
rules\scripts\rules_modifiers.lua
utility\utility.xml

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Ardem
March 9th, 2017, 02:13
A big sigh of relief here <grin>

I am not going to have to fiddle around with CT code, that stuff in there is hard core. Thanks Dakadin, and for GM's everywhere, thank you for the default to enemies not neutral. I get 45 secs back every encounter now.

Dakadin
March 9th, 2017, 03:02
I added the files changed to the first post so extensions can be checked.

Ardem
March 9th, 2017, 03:11
As usual, dakadin, may many riches fall upon you and your 1000 wives.

Majyk
March 9th, 2017, 05:07
Agreed, cheers for the Stat Gain fix - hope it was minor, sir!

Would love to test it out in the next few sessions, Ardem...wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more? :bandit:

JohnD
March 9th, 2017, 05:58
Thank you.

hawkwind
March 10th, 2017, 17:39
I'm running of 1.75 beta that you sent me the dropbox links to a while back , how do I update through FG to your new version as you don't have the 1.76 files in the folder i have a link to

JohnD
March 10th, 2017, 20:32
Just run the updater.

Dakadin
March 11th, 2017, 01:08
Hi Hawkwind,

You will also need to remove the RolemasterClassic folder in your rulesets folder. Then it will use the new RolemasterClassic.pak file you got when updating.

hawkwind
March 11th, 2017, 11:20
Thanks

JohnD
April 20th, 2017, 04:11
There is a new version of the Rolemaster Classic ruleset (v1.7.6) which should be available the next time you update. There are only a few minor changes.

Here are the update notes:
• When adding NPCs to the Combat Tracker they will default to enemies instead of neutral
• Ability to open the Images folder in game
• Fixed - Script error when rolling NPC Move and MM
• Fixed - Dropping attacks on tokens uses the old target values instead of the target being dropped on
• Fixed - Dev Pts section in the skill up area does not update to reflect any Stat Gains made

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Hey there. Ran my first game tonight post the v3.3.0 update (and the hotfix). Whatever you did to fix the bolded item above no longer works, throwing the same scripting error as before.

Ardem
April 20th, 2017, 04:33
yes also the token going red have reverted back. It like the whole 3.3.0 rolled back your update, which is possible as I saw the update, update all rulesets not just the FG stuff. i think there might been a rollback of your ruleset.

Moon Wizard
April 20th, 2017, 07:50
Can one of you switch to the Test channel, and verify that the version there is the correct one that fixes those issues?
If so, I'll get that one pushed to Live.

v3.3.0 involved a rather large migration of our patch system files, so this may have gotten reverted in the process.

Thanks for your patience,
JPG

bawsr
April 20th, 2017, 14:10
I ran the updater and I am still getting Rolemaster 1.7.5. I did purchase the Rolemaster Classic from Steam.

Moon Wizard
April 20th, 2017, 17:31
Are you running an update in the Test mode channel?

I just ran an update in the Test mode channel and RMC reports v1.7.6.

Thanks,
JPG

JohnD
April 20th, 2017, 20:47
Can someone also look at the tokens not being saved on the maps between sessions. It is very frustrating.

Moon Wizard
April 20th, 2017, 21:15
Just pushed 1.7.6 to Live.

JohnD,
Is this a general problem for all rulesets or only RMC? Can you walk me through the steps so I can see if I can recreate and fix?

Thanks,
JPG

bawsr
April 20th, 2017, 22:38
Sorry I didn't realize this was for the test channel only.

Ardem
April 21st, 2017, 01:15
Live is saying 1.7.6 now, so all good on this end.
Test is saying the same.

So you must of fixed it.

JohnD
April 21st, 2017, 01:16

JohnD,
Is this a general problem for all rulesets or only RMC? Can you walk me through the steps so I can see if I can recreate and fix?

Thanks,
JPG

I will but have to be at my computer to provide full info.

Dakadin
April 21st, 2017, 04:02

JohnD,

Thanks,
JPG

Thanks JPG :)

bawsr
April 21st, 2017, 04:48
I got 1.7.6 now also on normal (not test build).

Thanks!

Ardem
May 1st, 2017, 10:37
Nevermind

JohnD
May 1st, 2017, 13:49
I'll report back after my game on Wednesday.

Ardem
May 2nd, 2017, 04:27
It is 1.7.6 but was getting a huge amount of errors with appearance, played last week and I had no issues, however it could be FRP only.

Dakadin
May 2nd, 2017, 18:57
Hi Ardem,

Were the errors with 1.7.6 or FRP?

Dakadin

Ardem
May 3rd, 2017, 02:56
Neither by the looks of things it was with the db.xml, very strange though as it came up same error in another FG database as well. However I started a complete new campaign and ported the characters across and the error did not come up, so not sure why. Now go to go through the process of bringing the data across from one Db to the other one bit of a pain but can work it out.

The error was only with appearance field and kept on coming up about a value could not be null or something like that, on each time the charsheet was opened.

Dakadin
May 3rd, 2017, 06:24
That's very strange. Would you mind sending me the db.xml so I can see if it is possibly being caused by the Rolemaster Classic ruleset?

mrgrey
May 21st, 2017, 10:54
Just created a quick game and an example fight between a PC and a zombie. When I dragged attack dice from the zombie onto the PC, I received the following error: Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:810: attempt to index global 'attackerToken' (a nil value)

Andraax
May 21st, 2017, 15:45
Sounds like the records / CT entries / map tokens were not synced properly. Did you make that entries were dragged to the CT first, then from the CT to the map?

mrgrey
May 21st, 2017, 15:53
Ah. They are not actually on a map. Does the combat tracker not work without a map?

Trenloe
May 21st, 2017, 20:05
Ah. They are not actually on a map. Does the combat tracker not work without a map?
I don't think it does. Unless anyone more familiar with the ruleset use can chime in. Looking at the code for drag/drop of attacks it relies on their being tokens on a map somewhere. I'm not sure how to set targeting without tokens on a map.

A work around is to create a new basic image, drag the tokens from the CT to that image and ignore the image. As long as there are tokens on the same image somewhere then drag/drop attacks in the CT should work.

Dakadin
May 22nd, 2017, 20:54

Hi mrgrey,

Unfortunately, when I changed the targeting I didn't think about checking it for when the tokens aren't on the map. There is a way to do it but you can't do it by dragging the attack. You will need to double click the attack when you have a target. To set the target you can drag the target's name to Attack Vs field for the attack.

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2017, 21:05
To set the target you can drag the target's name to Attack Vs field for the attack.
That's what I was trying to remember how to do. But wasn't dragging the name on the CT, was trying token, link, but not name. Doh!

Dakadin
May 22nd, 2017, 21:07
That's what I was trying to remember how to do. But wasn't dragging the name on the CT, was trying token, link, but not name. Doh!

That would be a good thing to add.