PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2 Players: 5e Slightly Modified Storm King's Thunder

Binestar
March 8th, 2017, 14:40
I'm full again

FG License: Ultimate License (Accepting Demo Players)
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EST (GMT -5)
Day of week and time: Currently a Tentative: Mondays and Thursdays 6:30PM with Decisions made on Thursday if there will be a Saturday AM/Early Afternoon session that week.
Planned Duration & Frequency: We will be playing 2-4 hours 2-3 times a week If you can not meet this commitment please reconsider applying to the party.
Term: Ongoing. We'll be certainly going through the entirety of Storm King's Thunder and hopefully something after that. Storm Kings Thunder will get players to at least level 10.

Text or Voice: Voice Required
Voice software used: Teamspeak or Discord, not yet decided, but TeamSpeak seems the most popular so far.

Information about current players: We all played a bunch of AD&D 2e in the 80's and 90's. We're a mix of ages between 39 and 65. We don't want strife between the party, so playing an evil character bent on betraying the party isn't welcome. That's not to say the group won't choose to be evil, that is something that will be decided during the groups character creation. As a first time DM in 5e I will suggest to the players it will be easier for me to run a more traditional party mentality at least to start.
Number of Players in game & needed: Four players currently, looking for One more.
Character starting level & equipment: We will be rolling Characters in a session this Saturday 3/11

Details of your scenario: I'm running a slightly modified Storm King's Thunder. I'd prefer you're not familiar with the module as it will be most fun for all of us to limit the meta-gaming possibilities. All of the players (And me the DM) are relative newbies to 5e and Fantasy Grounds, so you will need to either be the same or be mindful there will be a bit of learning in the first couple of sessions.
I will be allowing the players to vote for one of the following PC creation methods:
Point Buy System
4d6 Drop lowest Place in order rolled -- If you don't roll at least one 15+ you can drop one of the 6 and raise it to a 15.
4d6 Drop lowest place anywhere -- If you don't roll at least one 15+ you can drop one of the 6 and raise it to a 15.

Player Classes and Races will be limited to the stuff in the PHB. I have the PHB module so you can use that during character creation.

Please PM me here or email me fgdm [at] thefisks [dot] org or reply to this post.

Odin
March 8th, 2017, 20:39
Hello Binestar,

I would be very interested in joining the group; however, I'm on the west coast which would put the game starting at the same time I get off work. If you wouldn't mind giving me 30-40 min to get home, I would be happy to join.

I too have played mostly AD&D 2nd, and have some limited experience with 5e... I have both TeamSpeak and discord (though I favor Discord, just seems to work better/easier/free/and sound a bit clearer). If possible I would be interested in running a wizard of some sort, focusing on more a support mage than a blaster.

Let me know if this would work out, and I will a character rolled up.

Thanks,

EDIT *** I also forgot to mention, I have zero experience with the adventure... in fact never even heard of it. :)

Binestar
March 8th, 2017, 21:05
Unfortunately we're old cantankerous fellows and the 6:30 start is pretty much needed so we can all finish up and get to sleep before 10:30PM. At this time I've filled my slots. I will post if we get an open slot.

I'm editing original post.

Odin
March 9th, 2017, 01:08
Alright Binestar, thank you and good luck.

SethChaos
March 9th, 2017, 01:34
i got the demo version just downloaded it i am interested to join if possible i am new to 5e but want to get back into D&D and i will make it worth the time i promise

Binestar
March 12th, 2017, 21:12
I'm full again