PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Sat Game 8:30pm+ EST for Harn, Pathfinder or D&D (3.5 or 5)

Quisario
March 8th, 2017, 02:52
FG License: Fantasy Grounds II Lite License Upgrade
Time Zone: Eastern Time, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Day(s) of week: Saturday - Weekly from 8:30pm EST onwards.
Term: Long term.
Voice: Yes - any app.

Game System Preferred: Prefer Harn or Pathfinder, but will gladly play D&D 3.5 or 5.
Game System Experience: Harn, Pathfinder and D&D
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Beginner to Intermediate. I played a few years ago. I've been playing in multiple sessions and a regular game on Tuesday for the past few weeks trying to get back into it.

Character Type Preferred: I'm easy. Magic users are my favorite, but I've played nearly all classes.
About me: I've been role playing for decades in various forms. Table tops sporadically. MUDS intensely for over a decade. MMORPG's for years. Play By Email for nearly ten years. You name it I've probably tried it. Harn is by far my favorite followed by Pathfinder. However, I've grown up with D&D (when I was kid in the '80s playing at a friends house... watching Stranger Things really brings it all back for me). I like both the role play and combat aspects of gaming. Finding an easy going group is also essential.

Quisario
March 18th, 2017, 01:28
Hey Folks - bumping it in the hopes I can find a game for tomorrow (Saturday) evening EST.

damned
March 18th, 2017, 02:05
Hey Quisario - far and away you will only be successful if you apply to games. Most LFG posts do not attract GM attention just because the GM has enough players applying directly.

Quisario
March 18th, 2017, 02:21
damned - do you mean through the calendar? If so, I don't see that many posted. There's only 1 on Sat EST evening but it seems full.

damned
March 18th, 2017, 02:36
Hey Quisario - I mean by any and all methods :)
Best way I think is to visit this forum every day and use teh New Posts button and apply on any games that fit your availability.
I also recommend that you do try other systems (especially if they are one shots) as you will still make new connections and these can lead to other opportunities.

damned
March 18th, 2017, 04:19
And... do consider trying to get a group together with the understanding that you will ALL take a turn at the GM role - even if your turn is only a 2 session long game/campaign.
A number of groups have started up this way and whilst it is intimidating for some its good to try different things and learn from each other and it really takes the load off of the one player who is always GM.
Grab a store module from about $3 and up and dive in.
You might even end up playing a few different systems this way too.