PDA

View Full Version : DM Wanted

Randy Herbert
March 6th, 2017, 23:57
Hello all,
My group is looking for a DM for our Friday night 5E game. There are 7 players with varying levels of experience but most of us have been playing for a number of years. We begin at 9:30 eastern time Andy usually play for about 3 hours.
The group is made up of mostly 40 somethings with a young buck in there to keep us honest.
Please contact me for more info or interest.
Thanks,

Randy

JohnD
March 7th, 2017, 00:12
Sooner or later someone will suggest you could rotate DM duties among your existing group, so someone would always be taking on the mantle and nobody gets burnt out.

I guess I'm that guy this time... beat the others to it. :)

Randy Herbert
March 7th, 2017, 00:19
Sooner or later someone will suggest you could rotate DM duties among your existing group, so someone would always be taking on the mantle and nobody gets burnt out.

I guess I'm that guy this time... beat the others to it. :)

Hi John,
Thanks for replying and that is good advice. We have been doing that and quite frankly we have good players but not a really good DM situation. I think the group would benefit greatly from some outside influence.
Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

JohnD
March 7th, 2017, 00:30
Ah, yes that can be a problem. So, the good side of your post here is that you already have a group gathered and it sounds to be a cohesive bunch. As a DM, gathering reliable players is the first problem, then gathering players that mesh well as a group is the other challenge. So... you will have already cared for those two concerns... keep your eyes open I'm sure you'll find someone (or, they'll find you) soon.

Black Hammer
March 7th, 2017, 01:17
You married to 5E D&D, or potential interest in other systems?

Vhok
March 7th, 2017, 02:38
7 people with 3 hour game nights =3 rounds of combat lol

Koreapsu
March 7th, 2017, 03:27

If that's what happens in your games you all need to sort your **** out!

No reason for 1h combat rounds just because there are 7 players.

LindseyFan
March 7th, 2017, 20:20

If they tend to bunch up, you can probably get them in 2 rounds. Make sure you take their healer out first and...

Wait, I think you mean something else... mischievous DM smile...

Atua
March 8th, 2017, 22:20
If they tend to bunch up, you can probably get them in 2 rounds. Make sure you take their healer out first and...

Wait, I think you mean something else... mischievous DM smile...

Mental note, never play a healer in LindseyFan's games. Get someone else to do it.