PDA

View Full Version : GM ownership of characters

Bravo228
March 6th, 2017, 19:52
I am using the character creation screen to make nasty NPC's for my players to face. How do I give the GM ownership of those characters so when I assign tokens to them, the token does not disappear when I save the NPC.

Nickademus
March 6th, 2017, 19:55
Right-click on them in the Character Selection window. Choose the east option (I think) that assigns them to the GM.

Dakadin
March 6th, 2017, 20:03
You will need to connect to your campaign using localhost for host address. Then select the characters you don't want the players to see. This will assign you as the owner so they won't show up in the character selection window for the players.

Nickademus
March 6th, 2017, 22:30
My apologies. I normally look to see what ruleset a post is referring to. I guess I was in a bit of a rush this time.

I don't have the Rolemaster ruleset, otherwise I would look to see how easily the code would be to port over from 5e. It shouldn't be too hard to add a right-click option that denotes the owner as the GM. But I'd have to look.

JohnD
March 6th, 2017, 22:48
Another feature to add to my list of missing features.

Trenloe
March 6th, 2017, 22:59
If you really want it, the specific code is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28728-GM-PC-Ownership-Extension

Ooh, look - a good reason to not remove old/obsolete extensions from the forums! (Sorry, a reference to another thread).

Dakadin
March 7th, 2017, 00:09
The code was pretty easy to add. I just added it with a few other changes. Hopefully it will be available within a couple weeks.

Nickademus
March 7th, 2017, 00:14
Ooh, look - a good reason to not remove old/obsolete extensions from the forums! (Sorry, a reference to another thread).

I don't know the thread of which you speak, but my vote is with you. Archive, don't delete, old resources.

Glad to see this got sorted out.

JohnD
March 7th, 2017, 00:16
Excellent.

Majyk
March 7th, 2017, 06:37
The code was pretty easy to add. I just added it with a few other changes. Hopefully it will be available within a couple weeks.

Thanks for your continued time involved, Dakadin!

Bravo228
March 8th, 2017, 18:37
I installed the extension and thank you to everyone who helped me on this matter.

Trenloe
March 8th, 2017, 19:26
I installed the extension and thank you to everyone who helped me on this matter.
Just to be clear, the extensions I linked in post #6 was to provide example code so that Dakadin could look at putting this into the Rolemaster ruleset.

That extension was not written for Rolemaster and so might have some untoward side-effects (errors, RM functionality not working, etc.). So, I'd recommend you don't use that extensions with Rolemaster and wait for an update to the RM ruleset.

Dakadin
March 9th, 2017, 01:59
This feature should be available the next time you update FG. It will download RolemasterClassic v1.7.6. It's only a few minor updates but here is a link to the thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37165-RolemasterClassic-v1-7-6&p=325984#post325984

Ardem
March 9th, 2017, 02:19
If you really want it, the specific code is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28728-GM-PC-Ownership-Extension

Your such a horder Trenloe, stop hording and making snipy remarks in our inclusive and wonderful rolemaster forum area. <evil grin>

I actually have no knowledge of this other post but need no other reason but to cut your tall poppy. hahahahhah

Trenloe
March 9th, 2017, 04:25
... but need no other reason but to cut your tall poppy.
I'd been growing that poppy for years. <sniff>

JohnD
March 9th, 2017, 06:02
I'd been growing that poppy for years. <sniff>

Hopefully harvesting it as well!