PDA

View Full Version : LF3P GMT FFG Star Wars - Edge of the Empire campaign

mudmonkey
March 6th, 2017, 18:06
**Please read:** Quick edit to say lots of people dropping by the discord channel interested in playing and we'll probably have a full party from there. I'll repost this in the future if spots open up. Thanks to all for your interest!

FG License: Full license (players require demo only)
Game System: Fantasy Flight Game's Star Wars (Edge of the Empire focused campaign)

Time Zone: GMT
Day of week and time: Likely Sunday evenings ~7PM UK time (currently GMT), final time to be agreed. ~4 hours per session subject to start time and availability etc.
If new game, planned start date: Soon™. Subject to rounding up 2-3 more players
Planned Duration & Frequency: Likely weekly but occasionally every two weeks
Term: Planned long-term, broken down into arcs

Text or Voice: Text-based game - Real-time, not PbP, although I'm set up on Discord and Obsidian Portal for discussions, campaign log and any RP players want to get done between sessions
Voice software used: Discord if required, but it'll only be for non-game stuff

Roleplay & Combat mix: Healthy mix, probably leaning towards RP throwing combat in when the narrative requires it rather than combat being the aim of the campaign
Number of Players in game & needed: Maximum of 4 total (Plus GM) Currently have GM and one player, so looking for 2-3 more
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level with basic equipment. 10 obligation start, with the option to grab that extra 10 for XP
Character restrictions: The campaign focus is Edge of the Empire and group play. I have no problem with any non-force using class, although Force-Sensitive Exile could be negotiated with the group. Please don't join with the expectation of becoming an ace fighter pilot in the Rebellion or a lightsaber wielding Jedi off to fight Darth Vader.

Details of your scenario: As above, an Edge of the Empire campaign focusing on people of the 'verse getting by. As a player in the group put it:
"Not special space-magic snowflakes, not freedom-fighters fighting the good fight... just regular peeps trying to scrape stuff together in a universe they have to share with said space-wizards and giant empires and who knows what else."
Semi-sandbox, with plot hooks and guidelines.
Still working out the details, and this is something that I enjoy doing by taking in to account player and character goals and motivations. Once the initial character discussions are taking place the world and campaign will take shape around them.

About me: Fan of fantasy, sci-fi, RPG and other games. Not masses of experience as a GM but enough (I'd like to think) to get by and make sure everyone has fun.

You:

Over 18 (Sorry, I appreciate that there are exceptions to age vs maturity, but there will be adult language and possibly themes, I'd rather avoid the possible drama of underage players)
Willing to commit a day/time, with the understanding that Life Happens
Non-disruptive and not a d**k
Willing to flesh out a character's backstory, at least a little. I need something to work with and won't do it all for you. More than happy for characters to take shape as part of group discussion and develop before the first game
Able to type in English and willing to RP via text, it's easier than you think!

I can definitely set up a time to help any new players work through Fantasy Grounds and installing the Ruleset we'll be using, get a character set up via Oggdude's Character Generator and/or in FG itself.

Why text and not Voice Chat? I've found that, for me at least, playing online with voice is distracting and hard to focus on who is saying what, when it's "my turn" and that disruptions happen easily. So far from testing out Text only for game, I really like it! If you're not sure and want to try it out before committing, that's fine! Get in touch! :)

Discord channel link: Drop by for a chat! The link is limited to 10 uses, just in case. PM if you can't get in for some reason https://discord.gg/UfbcAyc

Obsidian Portal link: Campaign name temporary while we get set up. This is where campaign logs, character indexes etc. will be hosted along with forums for Important Stuff™ https://textcampaign.obsidianportal.com/

ZakkWolf
March 6th, 2017, 19:45
Hey, I may be interested. However, I usually host a weekly game on Sundays around that same time, so I will have to let you know.

mudmonkey
March 6th, 2017, 21:42
Hey, I may be interested. However, I usually host a weekly game on Sundays around that same time, so I will have to let you know.

Let me know if you can do Sundays. I'll post here if the day changes.