PDA

View Full Version : Creating Spell List in FG for homebrew class?

Caethial
March 6th, 2017, 14:49
Is it possible to create the spell list for a homebrew class inside FG without using Par5e?

I've got the class created just fine, just need to create the spell list, problem is, i don't see anywhere in the spell list window to actually create a spell list.

Any thoughts?

LordEntrails
March 6th, 2017, 16:06
I don't think so. Spells and classes (to some extent?) can now be created through the UI, but I don't believe you can yet create a custom spell list.

Caethial
March 6th, 2017, 16:38
ok, thank you, i was trying to avoid having multiple copies of spells, i might try to link them with the name, and see if that will work, i'll post back if it does.

Nylanfs
March 6th, 2017, 16:53
Well, I suppose you could create a story element with links to the spells and have a work around that way.

Caethial
March 6th, 2017, 17:12
tried parsing out just the spell list with #zal;spell;{spellname} and it wouldn't parse, so i'm guessing it won't work that way :(

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2017, 18:06
Indeed, it won't. You can create a spell list in par5e or in XML. You can also export spells in a group and they should stay in that group but that won't create a spell list like in the PHB.

Caethial
March 6th, 2017, 18:11
Indeed, it won't. You can create a spell list in par5e or in XML. You can also export spells in a group and they should stay in that group but that won't create a spell list like in the PHB.

ok, but no way that you know of that will prevent multiple copies of spells showing up in the main spell menu if i were to create the spell list in Par5e or XML?

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2017, 18:32
You'll only get multiple copies of the same spell if you have several sources open with the same spells. This is true of anything; if you open the PHB and SRD data you'll get multiple copies of all equipment, spells, class, feats etc etc. However they all come in different groups which you can use as a filter.

LordEntrails
March 6th, 2017, 19:01
Mr. Z also just posted this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37112-New-Class-Creation-Video&p=325484#post325484)that you might find helpful.