PDA

View Full Version : 5e: One Shot - One Night at the Red Vampire

Fussimohr
March 6th, 2017, 14:35
Adventure Description:

Long before it was known as the Eerie Forest, these woods were part of the County of Boskerry, and the buildings that are now the inn were home to its ruler. Sadly, the last Count of Boskerry became cursed with vampirism. The count’s reign of terror ended when adventurers staked (and presumably killed) him. With no heir to take his place, the manor was abandoned and the famed forests became a haunted tangle. After a while, an entrepreneur bought the manor, which he converted it into a way station for those traversing the Eerie Forest. For a small fee, visitors were allowed into the chapel where the vampire met his demise, a practice continued by the inn’s current owners.

I want to get my feet wet with some one-shots. So here I start with a little adventure with some "Ravenloft" mood, but placed in the Forgotten Realms.

FG License: Ultimate License
Game System: Dungeons & Dragons 5E

Time Zone: Central European Time (GMT+1)
Day of week and time: Next Thuesday, maybe another session one week later
If new game, planned start date: 4th April at 7.00 p.m., maybe a second session one week later.
Planned Duration & Frequency: One shot
Term: Short Adventure.
Text or Voice: Text and/or voice
Voice software used: FG Teamspeak server, Syrinscape for mood.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 40/60. You are welcome to flesh out the unique mood of the horror theme, presented in this short adventure. To make things easier, all players know each other by traveling with them so far, so you only need to describe them in visual meanings. We're not going to deep under the surface.
Number of Players in game & needed: I would probably work toward a party of up to seven at the maximum, as we are starting from scratch there are currently no party members.
Character starting level & equipment: Starting at 5th Level, basic starting equipment. I recommend to pre-make your characters before the session. Otherwise (and if no books are available for you, I start a char generating session on 03.06. and 03.07. at 7.00 p.m... You use a customized Point Buy system, orginally introduced in the PHB: You have 35 points to spend (rather than 27 in the PHB) and you can adjust your abilities up to a "17", using 12 points for 8->16 or 15 points for 8 -> 17.
Character restrictions: Characters from all official material are allowed (UA with DM's approval).

Subscribe here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2461)

I hope to get a full group until game starts.

Edit: Delayed for 2 more weeks and waiting for some more players.

k7890
March 26th, 2017, 03:53
i'm up for it new to FG but played D&D5e for a year

Nihthawk
March 29th, 2017, 22:03
I would be interested, I am also new to FG. I can read up on the 5th edition rules before the session starts.

Dirtwheeler1
March 30th, 2017, 23:30
I am looking for a group do you need anyone in particular class wise?

ninit5
April 1st, 2017, 02:24
I would be willing to play, I am new to FG but am willing to learn to play and get some experience in playing.

Tozzax
April 4th, 2017, 16:49
Any room left for this one? Experienced DnDer here.

cedarville
April 5th, 2017, 13:56
Also interested if you have room. Experienced player