PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Flanking and Backstab Damage

swbuza
March 6th, 2017, 06:50
So, how do you handle this?

Do you do the attack bonus for flanking every time in the modifier window, or do you create a separate weapon in the actions tab? How do you handle the +xd6 damage bonus?

Allmight
March 6th, 2017, 10:37
Personally i would create a spell to be used as a class ability that i then give the rogue. I then add a damge roll to that spell that will give 1d6 damage for every odd level of the rogue. So when he does a flanking manouver or backstabbing action, all he has to do is use that damage roll from the spell, FG keeps track of the math for how many dice to roll.

swbuza
March 6th, 2017, 14:32
I think, just maybe, I've solved it.

This particular rogue uses two shortswords and uses the two-weapon fighting feat and the weapon finesse feat. Combined with his dexterity bonus, he is normally +2 for the main hand and +2 for the off-hand. These attacks are listed as (mh) and (oh).

So, I added two new attacks to his action tab for flanking, listed as (f-mh) and (f-oh). I included the +2 flanking bonus and added a second line of damage that is also 1d6, does NOT include the STR bonus, and does not get a crit modifier.

Will test it out this week and see if it works.

Allmight
March 6th, 2017, 14:45
Yes, that one works as well. Just that you have to increase the damage manually as he rise in level. But you get everything under one roll. My sugestion keeps track on how many dice it should roll for the damage automatically. However, with my sollution you have to make two seperate damage rolls, one for the weapon and one for the backstab/flanking damage bonus.

So in the end, it's just a matter of taste i think.

Anyhow, hope it works out for you.