PDA

View Full Version : CoC 7e Ruleset Options

Fëanor
March 5th, 2017, 12:39
Hi there,

Just purchased the ruleset a couple of weeks ago and I'm already running two mini-campaigns in FG with, at least in my opinion ;), great success.

There is, however, an option that I am missing within the GM Option panel: Show results to client. I find it very useful while playing D&D and PF, and I believe that in a setting such a Call of Cthulhu it will be very handy.

Is there any way to active that option that I am not finding?? If not, any idea whether you are going to implement it, and if so, any approximate date?

Thanks very much and Good Gaming

damned
March 5th, 2017, 13:16
Ia Ia Fëanor - is that different to:
Chat: Show GM rolls

Fëanor
March 5th, 2017, 20:20
Ia Ia Fëanor - is that different to:
Chat: Show GM rolls

Hi Damned,
Thanks for the quick response.

Show GM rolls is great and it works perfectly. However, when I meant "Show results to client" I was specifically thinking in the following example: My investigators fight a ghoul.

1- If they can read in the chat [DAMAGE] 20-gauge Shotgun (2B) (2D6): [6]-> [to ghoul] [Major Wound] [Dying] as a master I just can state, the monster passes away. They will have no problem getting close to the monster. It is dead.

2- Meanwhile if the only thing that they are able to read is [DAMAGE] 20-gauge Shotgun (2B) (2D6): [6]-> [to ghoul], I can describe "the monster crumbles to the ground and remains motionless". They will not know what is going on and it will increase both the drama and the fear against the monsters which is, IMO, the whole point of Call of Cthulhu.

Is it possible to manage it like in the other rulesets??

Cheers

damned
March 5th, 2017, 23:52
Hi Damned,
Thanks for the quick response.

Show GM rolls is great and it works perfectly. However, when I meant "Show results to client" I was specifically thinking in the following example: My investigators fight a ghoul.

1- If they can read in the chat [DAMAGE] 20-gauge Shotgun (2B) (2D6): [6]-> [to ghoul] [Major Wound] [Dying] as a master I just can state, the monster passes away. They will have no problem getting close to the monster. It is dead.

2- Meanwhile if the only thing that they are able to read is [DAMAGE] 20-gauge Shotgun (2B) (2D6): [6]-> [to ghoul], I can describe "the monster crumbles to the ground and remains motionless". They will not know what is going on and it will increase both the drama and the fear against the monsters which is, IMO, the whole point of Call of Cthulhu.

Is it possible to manage it like in the other rulesets??

Cheers

Hi Fëanor - Ill add to the wishlist but no guarantees at this stage.

Fëanor
March 6th, 2017, 14:23
Hi Fëanor - Ill add to the wishlist but no guarantees at this stage.

Thanks anyway. Let's hope for the best ;)