PDA

View Full Version : PAR5E spell list questions

chikiko
March 4th, 2017, 02:30
I have few questions regarding spell lists. I have created a spell casting class but most of the spells in their spell list are existing spells. Do i need to recreate every spell on their spell list in spells.txt or is their a way to link them.

If I have a spell i've already entered into spells.txt file but i need it on the spell lists of two different classes. Will i need to add it all in again under the 2nd classes spell list or can i just list it as a spell in the second classes spell list without needing to reenter the spell data too? I would imagine there should be a way of doing this, because when you look up a spell in FG it tells you all the classes which share the spell

Finally in standard class lists when you click on spell casting there is a <classname> spell list link you can click to see your classes list. However it doesn't appear on the class I added via Par5e. Could this be because I did something wrong or is it an additional thing that needs to be added manually like a class picture or some other link?

Zacchaeus
March 4th, 2017, 09:06
In your Spells.txt you create the spell list first
Wizard Spells
Cantrips (0 level)
Spell name
Spell name

1st Level
Spell Name
etc

My Class
Cantrips (0 level)
Spell Name
etc etc

Then you add the spell text at the end of that list. When it parses it picks up all the spells from each list for each class and makes a list like you see in the PHB. And it shows the class that uses that spell in each spell header.

So you only need to enter the text of the spell once even if it's used by multiple classes - as long as the spell itself is listed in the classes spell list. And of course this assumes that all of your classes and spells are in the same module.

chikiko
March 4th, 2017, 10:17
I was about to say Aweomse~! but then I realized that just copying the spells once is gonna but a lot of work! But it is great to know you only need to do it once. That is actually what I believed it would likely work like, so i'm glad to be right on that side of things. But i'm guessing by not bringing it up that there isn't a way to link things between modules.

Also what about the link to the Class spell list within the Spell casting ability page?

Also how do you tag spells for things like Ritual or other features that may be included such as an associated element?

Zacchaeus
March 4th, 2017, 13:35
You can link a spell between module using #zal; so #zal;spell;spellname. Provided the module containing the spell is open it should find it. However that's not really what you are looking for I think, since that kind of linking is only really going to work in story entries or similar.

I'm not sure whether the linking to class spell lists will work with the public version - a lot has changed in FG with the way lists work. You could try zl;spellslist;Wizard or #zl;wizard_spells

I don't think there's any way (or need?) to tag things with rituals. Rituals are noted in the spell i.e. 1st level abjuration (ritual)

chikiko
March 4th, 2017, 16:48
So what can I do for my own class if i'd like to pull up their spell list within FG?

Zacchaeus
March 4th, 2017, 17:34
Par5ing the spells.txt will give you a list - or am I missing the point of your question?

chikiko
March 5th, 2017, 00:28
18138 What i would like to do is to have something like in the standard classes where if you open your class you can then click on spellcasting and then click on a link to open your your class' spelllist like in the picture i have attached. This is something more geared towards the players who may wish to consult their spelllist at various times throughout play.

Zacchaeus
March 5th, 2017, 09:25
See post #4 above. Substitute your class name for Wizard. But as I say I'm not sure it will work with the public version of par5e.

chikiko
March 5th, 2017, 12:31
Oh I see. I'm sorry I misunderstood what you had meant by that initially. Thanks so much that actually did it.

One last question for now. How do I add a rollable table a spell description? I am trying to type up reincarnate which has a table with a d100 roll for what race you will reincarnate as. however, I'm unable to make it a rollable table. I tried using the infromation in the background tutorial for making a rollable table but it just makes it all text.

Zacchaeus
March 5th, 2017, 21:26
You can link with #zl;table;name of table. I think you should be able to do that in the spells.txt in the spell description.
So header text about level etc
Start of spell description
Some text
#zl;table;my table
More text

This assumes the table is in the same module as the spells. If not you can use #zal;table;my table and provided te module with the table in it is open it should find it.