PDA

View Full Version : LFP 3-5 +8GMT - RMC One-shot then campaign

dunadan
March 3rd, 2017, 10:33
FG License: Ultimate + RMC + The Armory + Fantasy Weapons
Game System: Rolemaster Classic

Time Zone: +8 GMT (WST)
Day of week and time: Evenings, day to be decided (based on player feedback)
If new game, planned start date: Will take a couple of weeks to get organised. Aiming for start in April.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week.
Term: Initially a one shot (maybe 3-4 episodes) to gauge the player/GM dynamic. Then a longer campaign.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: FG Teamspeak server (headset required)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: No current players (new game). 3-5 players required.
Character starting level & equipment: Starting at 1st Level and basic equipment (isn't that half the fun?)
Character restrictions: The characters used for the one-shot will NOT be the characters for the longer campaign. Mostly "good" characters but no restriction on class. No elves... <- campaign spoiler alert!

Details of your scenario: Initially a one-shot. Will give me a chance to see how the players go... and a chance for me to level up my FG skills. Then a (mixture of low and high fantasy) long term campaign.

Me: Long time player of many RPG's. Have DM'ed mainly AD&D, but always loved RM as a player. No experience with FG (so expect a learning curve there!).

You: Don't take it personally, but I'd prefer mature players. No munchkin min-maxers. Must be willing to commit to the regular timeslot (when it's decided). If you could detail your experience (FG and RM) that will help.

The aim is to have fun in the RMC world.

MrKinister
March 3rd, 2017, 15:25
Interesting. Where can I get a copy of the Rolemaster Classic rules?

spoofer
March 4th, 2017, 00:15
I am interested. I am in GMT+9 (Japan). However, I run several games a week, so it would depend on the time slot. I am free on Wed. and Thurs. I have seven years experience with FG. I have only admired Rolemaster from afar. Isn't that the one with the awesome tables for injuries? I am an older player (I also started with AD&D), and I am permanently settled, which makes long term commitment easy.

Kevin

spoofer
March 4th, 2017, 00:17
You can buy a pdf of the original rules here...

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/88653/Rolemaster-Classic-Arms-Law

dunadan
March 4th, 2017, 03:01
The combat and magic system is what draws me back to RM. Some typical combat criticals. From the really nasty...

Strike to foe's head destroys brain and makes life difficult for the poor fool. Foe expires in a heap - immediately.

... to the typical...

Medium forearm wound. +4 hits. Foe takes 3 hits/rnd, is at -2, and is stunned next rnd.

... and not forgetting the famous "turtle" fumble...

You stumble on an invisible, deceased, turtle. Lose 1 round in confusion.

Vezirtziszarok
March 4th, 2017, 16:19
Hey, my name is Alex. I'm realy interested about all this online pen & paper, until now i've only had it with mates in real life. I have experience on 3.5e and have lots of free time. Curently I'm +2GMT but in 3 months i'll be moving in London. i'll be happy to play with you :)

darrenan
March 4th, 2017, 18:11
I'm interested, but GMT -8, so it's unlikely to work out. I'll keep my hat in the ring though until you nail down a playing time. Since your evening translates into my morning, it could work depending on which day it is. Sunday morning for me (your Sunday evening if I have my time zones correct) would be best for me.

dunadan
March 5th, 2017, 04:44
Looks like it might end up being Sunday nights for me. Prob something like

WST (GMT +8): Sunday 1900-2200
GMT(GMT +0): Sunday 1100-1400
EST (GMT -5): Sunday 0600-0900

This might make it timezone friendly for any Euro people. Or early Sunday morning in the USA.

Feedback?

Vezirtziszarok
March 6th, 2017, 21:12
everythinh's fine for me :P

hawkwind
March 10th, 2017, 17:43
good luck with your game

Vezirtziszarok
March 10th, 2017, 21:12
I'm thinking a priest guys, you?