PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 into Fantasy Grounds!

C-Rhino
March 3rd, 2017, 05:16
Alright so I am new to 3.5 however, from what I have experienced, I absolutely love it! The amount of customization and wide array of options within the fleshed out edition is something that is very entertaining to dive into! If there is any chance, any at all that that the 3.5 books could be put into Fantasy Grounds: Core Rules, Adventure Expansions like Dragon Star, Monster Manuals, Character Expansion like the Epic Level Handbook... Please make this so... I already adore this program, but adding the official 3.5 books into the program would be amazing IMO

vodokar
March 3rd, 2017, 05:27
Not to deflate your balloon, but the current license with WotC only covers the current version of the game and SmiteWorks was specifically told that they were not authorized to publish anything prior to 5th edition. Meaning to say: sorry, not going to happen.

Unofficial wise, there is existing already 3.5 manuals based on the S.R.D.

Aside from that:

Now, I'm not a Pathfinder person, and likely never will be, but, if you are interested in pursuing 3.5 further, that is the direction you will need to head; as they are coming out with new officially licensed publications to be released soon and most people would tell you, Pathfinder is a slightly modified (and "fixed") version of 3.5. So, that's probably where you want to head.

C-Rhino
March 3rd, 2017, 06:00
Thanks Vodokar! I'll take your advice, try Pathfinder out.

Talyn
March 3rd, 2017, 14:29
Yep, Pathfinder took 3.5, rebalanced some things then expanded from there. Think of it as the unofficial 3.75E I guess?