PDA

View Full Version : Table question - output story not showing encounter

skj310
March 1st, 2017, 02:21
I have this sneaky suspicion that I'm getting something mixed up here, but let's see.

So I am trying to create a bunch of embedded tables that reference each other and in the screenshots below i'm showing a sample of what i'm doing. Ultimately there's like 1 parent table (top of the pyramid) and it calls a bunch of child tables ... and i want everything to show up as a single story entry (chat window will just be filled with too much so it's not going to be an option).

So first off
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18090

I've a <animal herd> table and as you can see from the image above, it outputs an encounter as expected and can also be seen in the image above. So all good.

Now in this next screenshot you can see i've created a parent table to call <animal herd>, and i've set the output to "story"
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18091

But the resulting story entry is not showing me an encounter of X creatures, instead it just shows me a link to a single creature. Now I can understand that the story output won't show me a link to an encounter as an encounter entry MUST exist. But what I was expecting in the story entry was 2 things:

a link to the creature (which it does do now)
the quantity of creatures as per the dial roll in the first screenshot above

Am thinking there must be another way to do this, but am not seeing ... help!

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2017, 18:09
The table output options are not designed to chain different outputs. Only the top level output will be used. This would be a new feature request (see my sig to add).

Regards,
JPG

Andraax
March 1st, 2017, 19:46
Also, if you take the "x" out of the multiplier ("4d4" instead of "4d4x") and set the output to chat on the "Animal Herd" table, your story entry will show a quantity.

skj310
March 7th, 2017, 13:17
Thanks Andraax ... that's what i've now done.