PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Evening (630PM-10PM EDT) Savage Worlds Sci-Fic game LFP

Black Hammer
February 28th, 2017, 02:21
FG License: Ultimate, so players are fine with the demo client
Game System: Savage Worlds (very easy to learn)

Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time
Day of week and time: Thursdays from 630PM EDT to 10PM
If new game, planned start date: 2/29/2016
Planned Duration & Frequency: About a three hour session every week
Term: Long term. This is a new campaign for an existing group

Text or Voice: Voice (text is there as an option)
Voice software used: Teamspeak (have server)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 75/25
Number of Players in game & needed: Have three, need three. Room for two more.
Character starting level & equipment: Novice, subject to setting rules
Character restrictions: i.e. Specific setting rules

Details of your scenario:
This is a homebrew science fiction setting using Savage Worlds rules. I have a setting primer written up, including background history, custom character creation, and house rules. The setting is an attempt to combine elements of classic hard or military science fiction with some newer ideas on society and humanity. Players take on the role of agents for the Space Police, an interstellar organization that attempts to maintain order in human and Espin (an alien race) occupied space. Rather than attempting interstellar governance, the Space Police focus on facilitating interaction between independent colonies and states: setting trade standards, resolving interstellar disputes, and responding to crisis situations.

Short version: Think of Wild West marshals, Star Trek's away teams, Mass Effect's Spectres, or L5R's magistrates. Some days it's law enforcement, some days keeping the peace, and some (hopefully few) days survival horror in the impossible vastness of deep space.

Due to the fluid nature of the campaign's focus, I'm expecting characters to be flexible, rather than overspecialized. I tend to let rules take a back seat to the story and theme, and challenges tend to be out of combat more often than in it.

Feel free to post here or message me with any questions.

Black Hammer
March 1st, 2017, 00:07
Short update: The setting primer is ready to go, there is at least one spot open and possibly a second.

Calendar link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2449

CelticAvenger!888
March 2nd, 2017, 22:28
I'm semi-interested in applying for this game, but I don't really have any experience beyond normal D&D. Would you happen to have any premades?

goodmanje
March 2nd, 2017, 23:39
Just saw this and it looks like the game started 10 minutes ago.... argh..

Black Hammer
March 3rd, 2017, 03:54
Just saw this and it looks like the game started 10 minutes ago.... argh..

It's a weekly game, there's still room if you're interested.