PDA

View Full Version : WH40K Deathwatch Ruleset for FG 3.2

ShotGun Jolly
February 27th, 2017, 18:06
Hi all, I am happy to say that you can get the updated Deathwatch Ruleset for FG 3.2+ here!! (https://thejollygm.blogspot.ca/2017/02/deathwatch-ruleset-for-fantasy-grounds.html)

Updated to V1.04

Basic Video overview here (https://thejollygm.blogspot.ca/2017/03/brief-overview-of-40k-rulesets-for.html)

Change Log
V1.04 - Fixed a few bugs, and you can now drag and drop weapons to the character sheets with out causing a script error if the ammo is 0.
V1.03 - Corrected Talents glitch, Fixed ammo counters, corrected CSHIELD effect, Added TERMI effect.
V1.02 - Corrected duplication bug, when items added to talents tab, it would also show on the gear tab on your character sheets.
V1.01 - Corrected character sheets that were reflecting Black Crusade stats, Added basic Cohesion Counter to combat page. This will be developed further at a later date.
V1.0 - Initial Release

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KiKvvwwP4Sk/WLRnmtnCbdI/AAAAAAAAJos/oF1Tj1sm5E4bstAijva8acxB43bWsQv0wCLcB/s1600/screenshot0015.png

Many thanks to Paul Pratt for his coding help and his original code that allowed me to do this!

Moon Wizard
February 27th, 2017, 22:00
Updated wiki link for WH40K: Deathwatch ruleset to point to this new thread.

Thanks,
JPG

ShotGun Jolly
February 27th, 2017, 22:05
Thank you!

ShotGun Jolly
March 3rd, 2017, 07:16
See initial post.
V1.01
Updated to make corrections of several errors on the character sheet, and also added a basic Cohesion tracker. This will be developed further at a later date.

ShotGun Jolly
March 5th, 2017, 04:19
See initial post for link

Updated to V1.02

Change Log
V1.02 - Corrected duplication bug, when items added to talents tab, it would also show on the gear tab on your character sheets.

ShotGun Jolly
March 5th, 2017, 22:25
Last update for awhile..

Just doing all the little hotfixes people were noticing! Thanks for your Help everyone!

See OP for newest update.

TR0LL
June 22nd, 2017, 19:44
Very nice work, im thinking I may move my group to using this, we still play in person, but this will make things so much smoother.

ShotGun Jolly
June 23rd, 2017, 04:48
Very nice work, im thinking I may move my group to using this, we still play in person, but this will make things so much smoother.

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment!

Newest update added. Fixed a few bugs, and you can now drag and drop weapons to the character sheets with out causing a script error if the ammo is 0.

TR0LL
July 13th, 2017, 23:44
How does the ruleset handle Righteous Fury, and Hordes?

Paul Pratt
July 15th, 2017, 15:28
No Righteous Fury. Its not like D&D where the crit is determined from the hit. The issue being once the damage roll is determined to be 10, there needs to be a roll to confirm using the same mods as the original attack roll. No way in FG to go back and capture that old roll. I can get a die to roll a d10, if you just rolled a 10 for damage, but it won't add it to the damage roll.

Hordes, I am not sure if Shotgun added anything in for hordes, I am interested to know also.

Shruikan998
July 26th, 2017, 09:31
Why do none of the library modules load when I load this .pak into fantasy grounds? Am I missing something when I download it?

Trenloe
July 26th, 2017, 16:31
Welcome to the forums Shruikan998

Why do none of the library modules load when I load this .pak into fantasy grounds? Am I missing something when I download it?
Firstly: library modules are separate .mod files. Ruleset .pak files do not contain library data. So, if there were library modules available, you'd need to download them separately. But, see the next point...

Secondly: there are no library modules for this ruleset as that would be breaking copyright laws. Base game mechanics are not covered by USA copyright laws, so the ruleset can be distributed OK. But library data usually contains non-game mechanics information (descriptions, storyline, place/character names, etc.) and so cannot be distributed without breaking copyright.

ShotGun Jolly
July 27th, 2017, 03:28
No Righteous Fury. Its not like D&D where the crit is determined from the hit. The issue being once the damage roll is determined to be 10, there needs to be a roll to confirm using the same mods as the original attack roll. No way in FG to go back and capture that old roll. I can get a die to roll a d10, if you just rolled a 10 for damage, but it won't add it to the damage roll.

Hordes, I am not sure if Shotgun added anything in for hordes, I am interested to know also.

Yeah, I didnt do anything with Hordes. I just created a hoard as a separate NPC and made the token bigger. :p

Aparadox
July 27th, 2017, 17:57
Wicked, many thanks ! :)

miniou
September 10th, 2017, 14:50
Hi Shotgun and thanks again for this rulesets !

Two questions: First i used the link on the first post of this topic to download the last version of the ruleset (1.04) but when i launch a campaign with the ruleset it says 1.03 in the chatbox. Did you uploaded the wrong version of the ruleset or did you just forget to update the chatbox ?

Second question is it possible to drag and drop skills from a pc to another pc or to a library so i can create a module with all the skills ?

Manuel

Paul Pratt
September 10th, 2017, 16:43
Miniou,
First question Shotgun needs to answer. Second question, you can drag from pc to pc, but there is no library to drop it on to create a module.

Later today I am releasing a 40k Multi ruleset and you will have the capability to create and drop a skill into a library. The "Multi" set includes Deathwatch support for Cohesion tracker, Hordes, Deathwatch's psychic system and more.

miniou
September 10th, 2017, 17:03
Hi Paul, thank you for the answer but i tried again and didn't manage to drag a basic skill from one of the pc to another pc (i left click on the little deathwatch symbol, drag it on the new skill page and release but the skill don't appear on the new page)

Can't wait to see your ruleset !

Manuel

computertrucker
July 4th, 2020, 15:07
This is awesome! I actually have the entire hard copy library.. checking this out right now

Valyar
July 4th, 2020, 18:44
This is awesome! I actually have the entire hard copy library.. checking this out right now

This is no longer maintained, you are better off checking this one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40215-40k-Multiset-Ruleset