PDA

View Full Version : Problem loading a module.

celestian
February 26th, 2017, 20:42
I am trying to load Jim Socks new mod and having issues with it showing.

I downloaded the lasted and placed it in the module/ directory and then started FG. None of my existing campaigns listed it as a option to load, made a new one (using the 5e ruleset) to test and it didn't list it either.

Is there some trick I'm missing?

Zacchaeus
February 26th, 2017, 21:04
You need to open the module first. So go to Library, click on modules and find the JimSocks one on the list, double click or drag the book icon to open it. It should then show in your library window.

celestian
February 26th, 2017, 21:18
You need to open the module first. So go to Library, click on modules and find the JimSocks one on the list, double click or drag the book icon to open it. It should then show in your library window.

Doh, I'm an idiot. I was trying to load it as an extension when it's a module. Sorry, still a noob with this FG thing ;)

That said...the ruleset I am writing that is based on 5e doesn't see it in the library (nor does a CoreRPG campaign) but 5e campaign does. I guess it's specific to 5e only.

Looking at the XML in the mod...
<root version="3.2" release="7|CoreRPG:3">

Does that mean it needs FG 3.2.X and CoreRPG 3 to run? (For the record my CoreRPG is current and reports 3.2.2 when I create a campaign with it.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a better grasp on how this works ;)

Zacchaeus
February 26th, 2017, 21:25
Modules will generally only work in the ruleset for which they were developed. So JimSocks one will only work in 5e as far as I know. If you unzip the module and find the definition.xml file you can change the line there from 5e to 'Any' (then zip it back up) and it will open in any core based ruleset. Whether it will work is another question.

Trenloe
February 26th, 2017, 21:26
It's the <ruleset> tag that controls which ruleset it can be loaded with.

celestian
February 26th, 2017, 21:34
Modules will generally only work in the ruleset for which they were developed. So JimSocks one will only work in 5e as far as I know. If you unzip the module and find the definition.xml file you can change the line there from 5e to 'Any' (then zip it back up) and it will open in any core based ruleset. Whether it will work is another question.

Perfect, just what I was looking for!