PDA

View Full Version : Taking a long time for the characters to load

dellanx
February 26th, 2017, 03:16
On 02/25/2017 took a long time for characters to load.

Trenloe
February 26th, 2017, 03:24
Can you give a lot more details please - that really doesn't give us much to go on.

Ruleset? Extensions loaded? Modules loaded?

And please include steps to reproduce. Otherwise we're just going to be guessing blindly what your issue is and what might be the cause.

dellanx
February 26th, 2017, 08:10
Trenloe, attaching screen shot. Everyone logged in that would log in, just took a long tome to do it. The screen shot shows extensions, I did turn off CreatureGen (CPL v3) during game. Pathfinder.

The windows comes up to load Character and after clicking character took long time to bring up. If I clicked the Character Selection window would get crash warning, with Selection Crash/or Wait. Now it seems to be working fine. This was happening on local network and for players that were logging in outside network with aliases.

I tested it now and it works fine.

Thanks,

Trenloe
February 26th, 2017, 17:27
If I clicked the Character Selection window would get crash warning, with Selection Crash/or Wait.
This is not a crash warning, it's telling you the application is busy doing "stuff". Sounds like a lot was going on all at once. FG is a single threaded application - so if players are logging and downloading data and the GM is trying to do stuff at the same time then things will be slow. This usually happens when a player is connecting, or when adding a few complex NPCs/PCs (with lots of spells) to the combat tracker. Click the wait button and give FG time to complete the intensive tasks it's doing and then things should get smoother.

Oh, not related to this issue, but you want to update the Remove Effect Tag extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21546-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension

dellanx
February 26th, 2017, 17:48
Thank you, that is what we did last night. Also some where along the way when I linked an image FG asked me if I am using my current Adventure,Yes/No. I said yes. It was a bit unusual.