PDA

View Full Version : Protection From Energy effect...how?

Gix
February 25th, 2017, 21:58
UPDATE: I edited the tense on this post and added my work-around so others can use it

I was trying to figure out an effect for Pathfinder for Protection From Energy spell.

Definition
Protection from energy grants temporary immunity to the type of energy you specify when you cast it (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic). When the spell absorbs 12 points per caster level of energy damage (to a maximum of 120 points at 10th level), it is discharged.

So I figure it would be something like: IMMUNE:fire

But I wasn't not sure how to add in the "hit points" for fire absorption.

Ultimately I really wanted something like: ABSORB:fire, 12*Level, Max:120

Anyone figured this out?

So after playing tonight one of our guys said the easiest way to use it was to set it up as

RESIST:120 fire
(assuming a level 10+ character) and then have the DM reduce the resistance manually by whatever amount of damage it took. Kinda a pain, but less manual tracking. Thought I'd share!

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2017, 22:01
Looking at the Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects) IMMUNE doesn't accept dice or number values. So it's all or nothing.

Gix
February 25th, 2017, 22:05
Yeah, I'm seeing that, the ask is, is there another way to create this spell effect. Barring that, how might one leverage FG to track what's necessary?

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2017, 23:30
I don't think it can. You'll have to keep a note manually.

Gix
February 26th, 2017, 03:40
So after playing tonight one of our guys said the easiest way to use it was to set it up as
RESIST: 120 fire (assuming a level 10+ character) and then have the DM reduce the resistance manually by whatever amount of damage it took. Kinda a pain, but less manual tracking. Thought I'd share!