PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Installation

Dax Doomslayer
February 25th, 2017, 21:46
Hi Folks,
Well, after about two weeks of weighing options and discussing with my group I've taken the plunge and purchased an ultimate license for Fantasy Grounds (yay!!!). I'd like to thank the community for answering all my irritating questions etc. Most importantly, I'd like to thank 'damned' for all the help he's provided helping me troubleshoot some issues and being very patient with me and generous with his time to get me to the point where I felt that this was a great decision. The FG community is terrific.

That said, I was previously running the demo. As I indicated I purchased the Ultimate License and the complete WoTC bundle. I'm having issues with the installation. I've activated the license key and it now shows that I have the ultimate license. However, when I open FG, a pop up window appears with the following:

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 5E_Language_Fonts_FR_Wizards – Error on line 0: Error document empty.
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 5E_Language_Fonts_Wizards – Error on line 0: Error document empty.
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 5E_Theme_Wizards – Error on line 0: Error document empty.
Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting.

When I launch load a campaign, the following message pops up once I get to the chat window window:

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file DD Basic Rules – DM:definition.xml-Error on line 0. Error document empty.
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file DD Basic Rules – Player:definition.xml-Error on line 0. Error document empty.
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file DD5E SRD Bestiary:definition.xml-Error on line 0. Error document empty.
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file DD5E SRD Data:definition.xml-Error on line 0. Error document empty.
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file DD5E SRD Magic Items:definition.xml-Error on line 0. Error document empty.

Also, none of my modules are showing up. :cry:

Anyone have any ideas what's going on? Any help as always is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2017, 21:56
It would seem that none of your modules have installed. Make sure that you have the correct license key - in the correct place; that you have entered your correct username and password and the click update.

Are you running a mac? If so hopefully you didn't buy the DLC from Steam. Also if you are on a PC and did buy from Steam make sure the check Steam for DLC option is checked in settings.

Finally make sure that your App data and Data Directories (in settings) are pointing to the correct places i.e where you data actually is. (And also make sure that you have complete read/write access to the data location).

Dax Doomslayer
February 25th, 2017, 22:26
Hi Zacchaeus,
Thanks for the reply. I'm on Windows 10 and purchased directly from Smiteworks. That said, I just went in and went through the process of loading again. It looks like this time it worked (and there was much rejoicing)! I'm no longer getting that error message and the modules show up. One question about the modules, if I'm sharing say Volo's Guide with the players, do they have access to all of that book or is it just the player's portion (i.e. playable races)? Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Spin-Man
February 25th, 2017, 22:53
I don't have the Volo book, but the description says it has two modules, one for the players and one that's only for the GM. Other products work the same way. For example, the Princes of the Apocalypse module is for the DM, but it includes the Elemental Evil Player's Companion which you share with the players to give them access to all the races and spells from the back of the book. Check your modules from Library and see what's in there. You can share the player module with them by dragging the green checkmark into the slot, and block them from loading the GM one by dragging the red x.

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2017, 23:29
Indeed. There is a module called Volo's guide to monsters players. That's the one you should share with the players; not the main one which is intended only for the DM.

Dax Doomslayer
February 26th, 2017, 04:20
Ahhh - I see that now. That makes sense. Thanks Spin-Man and Zacchaeus. I need to get up to speed using FG now - lol...

JohnD
February 26th, 2017, 05:01
Ahhh - I see that now. That makes sense. Thanks Spin-Man and Zacchaeus. I need to get up to speed using FG now - lol...

Congratulations on embarking on the start of your great journey. A few years from now you'll look back at a lot of fond memories.

Dax Doomslayer
February 26th, 2017, 13:34
Thanks JohnD!! I'm looking forward to it. Lots of YouTube videos to watch - lol...

GarthGiantbane
February 26th, 2017, 15:21
Glad you made the decision, you won't regret it!