PDA

View Full Version : Distance per square option?

celestian
February 25th, 2017, 19:36
Is there an option for setting distance per square that I am missing?

Some of the maps I use are 10ft a square (not 5).

Klandare
February 25th, 2017, 20:08
I have never seen an option for that; but maybe when you drop the FG grid onto the map, you could put 4 5' squares inside the 10' square that is already on your map.

I don't know if there is some other way to work around that.

celestian
February 25th, 2017, 20:20
I have never seen an option for that; but maybe when you drop the FG grid onto the map, you could put 4 5' squares inside the 10' square that is already on your map.

I don't know if there is some other way to work around that.

Ah, indeed. I have a map that is 100px per square, I told FG to set it to 50px and walla, 10feet across the 'map" squares. If the map was 50px I'd set it to 25.

Would be nice if there was an option to just set the distance per square but this will work for now.

JohnD
February 25th, 2017, 20:37
Rolemaster allows you to designate distance by the square.

celestian
February 25th, 2017, 22:32
Rolemaster allows you to designate distance by the square.

I'll peek at the code and see if I can port it to my ruleset.

Moon Wizard
February 27th, 2017, 22:37
I know that the Savage Worlds ruleset has an option for this.

The FG client uses a single distance to square calculation, so the feature you are looking for would need to be managed by the ruleset. It requires handling MeasureVector, MeasurePointer and some other events in the imagecontrol code under imagewindow windowclass.

Regards,
JPG

celestian
July 30th, 2017, 07:56
I know that the Savage Worlds ruleset has an option for this.

The FG client uses a single distance to square calculation, so the feature you are looking for would need to be managed by the ruleset. It requires handling MeasureVector, MeasurePointer and some other events in the imagecontrol code under imagewindow windowclass.

Regards,
JPG

Finally got back to this and was able to figure it out looking at SW. I initially looked at Gurps but they used a complete system while the SW version used CoreRPG which made it a lot easier.

Thanks for the tips!