PDA

View Full Version : Magic Items

Danimal66
February 24th, 2017, 20:28
So we're 60% through the Storm King Thunders module and I own all the core books and much more. I've been DMing over a year but still consider myself a novice at much. Keep in mind when I ask the below my players are very lazy, asking them to modify their weapons on their own is crazy.

Anyway one of my players has the Giantslayer sword which does the extra 2d6 to giants and can knock them prone. Obviously giving the +1 is easy enough but for the extra 2d6 i am having him roll in the tower and of course I'm doing the save to be knocked prone manually. Is there a way to automate this magic weapon?

Also for two handed versatile weapons I have had to make separate entries in the actions tab to accommodate. Will we ever see a two handed toggle?

I completely understand everything can't be automated and some things shouldn't be but I'm just wondering if I am missing a better way to handle these items.

Zacchaeus
February 24th, 2017, 21:05
You are doing the right thing for versatile weapons. i.e. make a new weapon line; there's no other way to do it. If you want to see a toggle add it to the wishlist (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/) (if it's there already then you can vote for it)

For the Giant slayer (or any other kind of slayer) create an effect in the character sheet (i.e. create a new power). Create an effect of IFT: TYPE(giant); DMG:2d6. Set the target to self and expend to never. Have the player click to place the effect on themselves. Note, the caveat here is that this will deal extra damage to any giant with ANY weapon that the character uses - not just the giant slayer. If the character swaps weapons a lot then you'll need to remove the effect from them or switch it off in the CT. More effect examples here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Examples)

SirGraystone
February 24th, 2017, 21:38
The player in my SKT who got the Giantslayer weapon simply made another weapon in the action tab with the 2d6 included in the damage, and use that only against the giants.