PDA

View Full Version : New ISP New Problems

Fauberoptic
February 24th, 2017, 19:21
Hello,

I've used the site when I first started FG, Now a bigger ISP bought out the one I was using and I cannot connect to my modem now.
I have been going back and forth with them for 2 weeks now and I am getting nowhere. Anything useful that I've tried basically saying the ISP is preventing me from connecting to the modem because the modem is setup as a "retail" version.

any help? I fear I might have to get rid of FG if i cant use it!

also I prefer not to use Hamachi

thanks! :)

Nylanfs
February 24th, 2017, 21:49
Use the guides listed here for your modem/router here. https://portforward.com/

Depending on where you are in the world if your ISP is aggregating IP addresses, or switching to IPv6 you may end up having to use a VPN (until the Unity version comes out, hopefully.) I'm fairly sure that Damned will jump on here shortly to help you sort it out.

damned
February 24th, 2017, 21:53
Hello,

I've used the site when I first started FG, Now a bigger ISP bought out the one I was using and I cannot connect to my modem now.
I have been going back and forth with them for 2 weeks now and I am getting nowhere. Anything useful that I've tried basically saying the ISP is preventing me from connecting to the modem because the modem is setup as a "retail" version.

any help? I fear I might have to get rid of FG if i cant use it!

also I prefer not to use Hamachi

thanks! :)

Ask to speak to her manager and tell the manager that you are taking your complaint to (whatever govt organisation takes care of telco complaints) because they have changed your service on you and you now getting an inferior service.

Otherwise Hamachi or a VPN.

Fauberoptic
March 5th, 2017, 14:05
Okay here something I never ran into before. Apparently IE and google will not connect to my internal router but Firefox will!
I had firefox installed for another reason and i just happen to enter the url for my router and it work! Needless to say 2 min later I ran a test on FG and it said Success!
Just figure I let you all know in case someone else runs into a problem like this.

LordEntrails
March 5th, 2017, 16:59
Okay here something I never ran into before. Apparently IE and google will not connect to my internal router but Firefox will!
I had firefox installed for another reason and i just happen to enter the url for my router and it work! Needless to say 2 min later I ran a test on FG and it said Success!
Just figure I let you all know in case someone else runs into a problem like this.
I've been having trouble connecting to my gateway. Tech support told me they have seen issues like that (what you describe) and can be resolved by clearing the browser history/cache. Didn't work for me, but might work for you. I also noticed that IE throws a certificate error (that I can ignore) and Chrome doesn't.

Fauberoptic
March 5th, 2017, 19:47
wow that also works! good catch
when you first talked about clearing cache I remeber one time It connected to my old modem gateway, which i thought was wierd!
Sorry you are still having trouble with yours. Is your just getting a timed out error? Maybe try a different web browser as well just to see if its something not getting cleared with IE or google?

LordEntrails
March 5th, 2017, 20:30
For me, it's an Arris gateway. When I go into the admin UI, sometimes there are certain screens that it will not load. I've tried different browsers, different computers, clearing the browser cache etc. The only thing that works for me is hard booting the gateway. *shrugs*, It works, just annoying when you are trying to get things done.