PDA

View Full Version : Class packs and getting started

Jhnthezed
February 23rd, 2017, 20:06
Hello all, new to FG. I did the basic subscription and have some questions about the class packs. I just finished making a Rogue, took a bit to figure it out, but I had a friend help with a video call. When I was going over my character sheet I looked at the archtypes for the Rogue and the only one it had was the thief, not the assassin or the arcane trickster. I have my players handbook so I am able to look them up to do them if I wanted that. I noticed there is the rogue class pack, as well as others. I noticed this when I checked out the monk, fighter, and paladin that they also only had one of the 3 techniques you choose for a a character at level 3. My question is do I need those class packs to have get all the info for whenever I make a character?

GenesisX
February 23rd, 2017, 20:14
Hello all, new to FG. I did the basic subscription and have some questions about the class packs. I just finished making a Rogue, took a bit to figure it out, but I had a friend help with a video call. When I was going over my character sheet I looked at the archtypes for the Rogue and the only one it had was the thief, not the assassin or the arcane trickster. I have my players handbook so I am able to look them up to do them if I wanted that. I noticed there is the rogue class pack, as well as others. I noticed this when I checked out the monk, fighter, and paladin that they also only had one of the 3 techniques you choose for a a character at level 3. My question is do I need those class packs to have get all the info for whenever I make a character?

The basic Fantasy Grounds subscription contains content from the D&D 5th SRD (https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd), which details all of the classes but only offers one archetype for each. You can either enter the archetypes manually, or, if you want to have them accessible via drag&drop, have to purchase either a class pack or the whole class pack bundle.

The SRD is the free content accessible to anyone through Wizard's Open Gaming License - thus it is included in FG for free.

Jhnthezed
February 23rd, 2017, 20:41
If I upgrade and get the ultimate subscription would it include the rest of the information? Don't have the funds at the moment to do the one time subscription, but eventually plan to do that.

GenesisX
February 23rd, 2017, 20:51
If I upgrade and get the ultimate subscription would it include the rest of the information? Don't have the funds at the moment to do the one time subscription, but eventually plan to do that.

No, the benefit of the Ultimate Subscription is that your players will not need to have a full version of fantasy grounds to play with you as a host. They can create characters and play with you for free, using the demo version.

In order to have access to the PHB within Fantasy Grounds, you will have to make the additional purchases.

SirGraystone
February 23rd, 2017, 21:17
The PHB in FG store is call "D&D Complete Core Class Pack", or if you have the PHB you can enter manually anyting missing from the SRD on your sheet.

Zacchaeus
February 23rd, 2017, 21:31
You may find this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32987-What-do-I-need-to-play-5e) useful

Nylanfs
February 24th, 2017, 02:47
Also Welcome to the forums and FG community!

<gives previous posters a Look>

Jhnthezed
February 24th, 2017, 15:11
Thanks for the quick responses guys.