PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for After Completing PotA

LordEntrails
February 22nd, 2017, 22:31
So, my players will be finishing up PotA in a few more weeks. They want to keep playing their characters and I'm looking for suggestions. They will probably be around 12th level, but can play above their level.

Published (any source) modules or such would be preferred but even ideas or concepts of what I could expand upon would be welcomed. I'd rather not develop my own content as I have too many projects as is.

They have been working PotA as agents of the Harpers. They have Orcsplitter so that could be a lead too. They did not do Rundeth Manor or explore Kryptgarden Forest (and no knowledge of NPC's within) so those are possibilities.

Suggestions, links, etc would be appreciated.

Gooberosity
February 23rd, 2017, 01:21
If anyone's done D1 through D3 as a FG module that might be an option. At least D3 would be the right level. Q1 also (Queen of the Demonweb Pits). Tomb of Horrors (bwahahaha).

That's all I know of the WotC content. That said, here's a list of 5e content by level, most of which is available on DMs Guild. I don't know which one of these are good though, being an old geezer.

https://merricb.com/dungeons-dragons-5e-adventures-by-level/

Zacchaeus
February 23rd, 2017, 10:45
So if you don't finish for a few weeks the Yawning Portal will be out :)

LordEntrails
February 23rd, 2017, 16:09
Thanks for the link and the suggestion on the YP. I hadn't seen Merric's site before and it looks to have some good stuff. And I hadn't thought about the YP timing working out.

Other things of note, the dwarf in the party has been talking about wanting to restore the dwarven kingdom and becoming king. Not a bad idea, any suggestions of resources I could pillage for ideas, tables, maps, etc?

JohnD
February 23rd, 2017, 18:23
Thanks for the link and the suggestion on the YP. I hadn't seen Merric's site before and it looks to have some good stuff. And I hadn't thought about the YP timing working out.

Other things of note, the dwarf in the party has been talking about wanting to restore the dwarven kingdom and becoming king. Not a bad idea, any suggestions of resources I could pillage for ideas, tables, maps, etc?

Get rid of the giants squatting in the area first. G1-3.

Gwydion
February 23rd, 2017, 19:51
So, my players will be finishing up PotA in a few more weeks. They want to keep playing their characters and I'm looking for suggestions. They will probably be around 12th level, but can play above their level.

Published (any source) modules or such would be preferred but even ideas or concepts of what I could expand upon would be welcomed. I'd rather not develop my own content as I have too many projects as is.

They have been working PotA as agents of the Harpers. They have Orcsplitter so that could be a lead too. They did not do Rundeth Manor or explore Kryptgarden Forest (and no knowledge of NPC's within) so those are possibilities.

Suggestions, links, etc would be appreciated.

Take a look at the quest of doom vol 1. I picked it up on sale on fg. Just ran a group through dead from above. Maps could use work by module was great. Some high level modules in there too worth checking out.

lostsanityreturned
February 26th, 2017, 19:00
Tomb of Horrors is coming soon (tales from the yawning portal)

However, if you do not wish to wait for this grab Rise of Tiamat. It isn't what I would call the best of adventures but it plugs into the end of PoTA without too much trouble, has a number of challenging events / encounters that can be boosted if necessary.

Hoard and Rise are the weakest of the WotC stable, but you won't be wasting the potential of another of the campaign books if you do want to use them later :)

Another option is just to homebrew at this point or raid ideas from other adventures (I often raid paizo material for instance).
Eventually characters will need to be retired though :P, and IMO it is a heck of a lot less fun to run 5e after the level 14-15 mark. This may change with future core content expansions.