PDA

View Full Version : Hardy har har

Topdecker
February 22nd, 2017, 21:55
I plugged in a 'Strangler' creature from a Beasts & Barbarian's module. The Strangler had an edge called HARDY that allowed it to ignore a shaken results if it was already shaken - in other words, it would never get damaged from a secondary shaken results.

Much to my surprise, and the growing consternation of my players, the HARDY edge worked - and it worked exactly as written. I was a bit stunned, but gradually came to realize that another ruleset must have had the same edge or monstrous ability. Searching later indicated that it was probably from the Necessary Evil set of edges/abilities.

Does anyone have a list of active (i.e. system implemented) keywords for edges / monstrous abilities? If not, ok, but if so, I would like to be able to refer to it before creating some random edge only to discover that it triggers something unexpected.

Thanks

Tim

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2017, 22:07
Here's the ones I could find that have triggers. I'm not sure what they do specifically, because I'm not as familiar with SW nor the developer. Just a dabbler.

Base Ruleset
Bad Luck
Fortunate
Great Luck
Hardy (also as effect)
Harder To Kill
Improved Level Headed
Level Headed
Luck
Quick
Quickness Raise (related to power?)
Slow Raise (related to power?)
Young

Deadlands Reloaded Extension
Fast As Lightning

Nemezis Extension
Right Between the Eyes

Rippers Resurrected Extension
Purpose Built

Horror Companion Extension
Slow

War of the Dead Extension
Slow, Shambler

Cheers,
JPG

Ikael
February 22nd, 2017, 22:11
I plugged in a 'Strangler' creature from a Beasts & Barbarian's module. The Strangler had an edge called HARDY that allowed it to ignore a shaken results if it was already shaken - in other words, it would never get damaged from a secondary shaken results.

Much to my surprise, and the growing consternation of my players, the HARDY edge worked - and it worked exactly as written. I was a bit stunned, but gradually came to realize that another ruleset must have had the same edge or monstrous ability. Searching later indicated that it was probably from the Necessary Evil set of edges/abilities.

Does anyone have a list of active (i.e. system implemented) keywords for edges / monstrous abilities? If not, ok, but if so, I would like to be able to refer to it before creating some random edge only to discover that it triggers something unexpected.

Thanks

Tim

Hardy is in Deluxe Gamemaster's Guide and I added support for it when I implemented the targeted damage feature years ago.

I am in work to remaster/refactor the ruleset and collecting this kind of infos on the way. I will let you know when that's done. But from short memory the are no other monstrous ability that has explicit support, but again, I could recall wrong

Topdecker
February 23rd, 2017, 01:26
Thanks for the list, Moon Wizard! It will keep me out of the mine field. And I look forward to the list, Ikael.

I seem to recall Ikael working on something that will keep identically named edges / abilities separated - a longer naming convention I think is what was implemented or discussed. It was probably related to SLOW since it was causing problems once War of the Dead entered the fray with their custom version of it.

Moon Wizard
February 23rd, 2017, 02:03
Yeah, War of the Dead was the only real problem child; because they used the same monstrous ability name for the shamblers as the Horror Companion used for a hindrance. So, I updated WotD to "Slow, Shambler" to fix, since it's limited to only 2-3 creatures in WotD.

JPG