PDA

View Full Version : Multi-classing in 5e

crankdawg47
February 22nd, 2017, 00:18
So I've been developing some custom multi-class rules for 5e (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/205518/Alternate-Multiclassing-Option-for-5e?term=alternate+mul&test_epoch=0) to use in the campaign I run. The basics are that a player can level up to 3 classes to lv20 on a single character but only gets hit dice/HP and proficiency gain from the first class.

So far I've been having my players create 3 different character sheets with the same base stats or just manually drag/drop features from the class module to a single character sheet when they level up that class. I was curious if anyone had a less messy solution.

Thoughts?

LordEntrails
February 22nd, 2017, 00:23
Just have them enter everything manually into a single character sheet. i.e. just don't use drag and drop.

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2017, 02:28
If all you are altering is the hit points just use drag and drop and then manually sort the hit points to whatever you want. Of course the least messy option is not to allow multiclassing at all - since it's pretty sub optimal in 5e anyway you're not missing out :D

Nickademus
February 22nd, 2017, 11:10
since it's pretty sub optimal in 5e anyway you're not missing out :D

I disagree. Splashing a level of fighter or rogue can be a vast improvement, as can a level of revised ranger for wilderness games. My best character who has been the most benefit to the party is a fighter/rogue.