PDA

View Full Version : Parsing and Class Saving Throws

GunnarGreybeard
February 21st, 2017, 09:07
I am working on a custom Class and am wanting to let the Player select which of the 2 Abilities they want to use for their Class Saving Throws during PC creation. Using the Par5e Tool and also trying to create a Class directly in FG only allows seems to only recognize text of the actual Ability (Strength, Dexterity, etc). Adding extra text such as "Choose any from" or Choose any two" and then listing the options causing it to fail or only one of the abilities gets added when the Class is dragged and dropped to the Character Sheet.

Ideally, I would like an option during the adding of the Class to the Character Sheet that allows the Saving Throws to be selectable like how it is with the Skills. Has anyone else tried and been successful with something like this? Is there a format for that field that the ruleset will recognize that will allow a PC a choice for that or am I stuck with just entering the Ability itself (Strength, Dexterity, etc).

kp9911
February 21st, 2017, 10:01
I could be wrong but I think the option to choose things happens in only two instances. Selection of skills and selection of an archtype

Zacchaeus
February 21st, 2017, 10:44
Correct. There's no built in option within FG for choosing which abilities get saving throws.