PDA

View Full Version : Tables in SW/ETU use card deck instead of dice?

corepatt
February 20th, 2017, 16:54
I was trying to mimic the Adventure Generator, High Strangeness and Party Generator for the ETU Dean's List but noticed that when setting up a table I can only choose dice rolls and not card deck draws. Is there anyway to get card draws to work with tables in order to make Story Templates using these tables?

Trenloe
February 20th, 2017, 17:49
MAybe this extension might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions It expands tables to simulate card draws from a deck - i.e. removes the cards already drawn. If you don't remove cards from the deck - i.e. shuffle a drawn card back into the deck, then just use a normal table with 52 rows (or 54 with 2 jokers).

Ikael
February 20th, 2017, 21:33
I was trying to mimic the Adventure Generator, High Strangeness and Party Generator for the ETU Dean's List but noticed that when setting up a table I can only choose dice rolls and not card deck draws. Is there anyway to get card draws to work with tables in order to make Story Templates using these tables?

Rollable tables doesn't support cards. However you can mimick cards by setting up numeric range of 1-52. Where for instance 1-4 represents aces, 5-8 represents deuces etc.

I created Eris Beta-V encounter tables with this approach which would have used card normally