PDA

View Full Version : Assign Groups to Story Cards...?

Cosmo
February 19th, 2017, 18:04
So I have a module I am converting for my game. D&D 5E is the system I am using and it is a 3rd Ed module.
It is broken down into 5 sections.
I want to organize my stories by each section in the module and assign a group to each story card.
For example
Group 1: Module Intro
3 sub sections to this part
Group 2: The Weird Woods
10 sub sections to this part
Group 3: The Stench Marsh
13 sub sections to this part and etc.. etc...
Group 4: The Outlands
Group 5: The Beast awaits
Each group has mulitiple story cards in it.

So when I open the STORY list in FG, I want to be able to sort the content via the dropdown control by selecting a group.
A good example of this is in the Lost Mines of Pandelver product.

Also, I do not see a interface method to click on a story entry, and add a group or edit a group...

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2017, 18:43
Open the group drop down list in the Story campaign list, then drag the link for the story record from the record list to the group you want to assign it to in the group list.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
February 19th, 2017, 20:34
Also, I do not see a interface method to click on a story entry, and add a group or edit a group...
You need to click the down arrow to the far right of the "Group" entry. This expands to show you some of the groups (allowing you to drag records to a group) and a brown / button to allow you to edit groups.

Cosmo
February 19th, 2017, 21:13
Open the group drop down list in the Story campaign list, then drag the link for the story record from the record list to the group you want to assign it to in the group list.

Regards,
JPG

Clear a mud, thanks that worked... Just curious is that in the manual? If so, where??? ... because I much prefer to have RTM than post stupid questions....

Trenloe
February 19th, 2017, 21:19
There's a walk through video showing the new data features. Link in the 3.2 announcement thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34719-Release-v3-2-is-live

damned
February 19th, 2017, 21:26
There is a LOT in the manual - and a lot that is still not in the manual...