PDA

View Full Version : Spells/Skills/Races visibility for players

celestian
February 19th, 2017, 07:11
Is there an option to allow players to see spells/races/skills? I've been tinkering with the 5e sample campaign and as a player I can't see spells/races/etc to add them to a character. Is it even possible to allow a player to see those things?

Myrdin Potter
February 19th, 2017, 10:54
I assume you are using the SRD rules. Are you sharing them? In the module activation tab/screen, you need to drag and drop the green checkmark next to the ruleset.

damned
February 19th, 2017, 14:05
GM needs to activate and share a resource (eg SRD or Basic Rules or DD PHB) and then the player must also activate the resource.

celestian
February 19th, 2017, 15:40
GM needs to activate and share a resource (eg SRD or Basic Rules or DD PHB) and then the player must also activate the resource.

Okay, I'll give that a shot. What about "created" skills/spells/etc that the DM creates that are not in the modules added to the campaign? I also tried by own campaign where I had added a ton of spells/skills/creatures but the players could not see them. Do they need to be in a module to share?

LordEntrails
February 19th, 2017, 20:12
Okay, I'll give that a shot. What about "created" skills/spells/etc that the DM creates that are not in the modules added to the campaign? I also tried by own campaign where I had added a ton of spells/skills/creatures but the players could not see them. Do they need to be in a module to share?
They don't need to be in a module, but they do have to be shared. Anything the GM makes that he wants to players to see or use must be shared. Either via right mouse button or by dragging the object onto a PC portrait.

Zacchaeus
February 19th, 2017, 21:46
Unless you want to share all your custom content one bit at a time I'd recommend wrapping them all up in a module, since you can now export just about everything to a module now. That way you can just share everything in one go.

celestian
February 20th, 2017, 01:58
Unless you want to share all your custom content one bit at a time I'd recommend wrapping them all up in a module, since you can now export just about everything to a module now. That way you can just share everything in one go.

That sounds like the best option. Sharing 600 spells or so manually is kinda a pain :) That doesn't even begin to consider equipment list.