PDA

View Full Version : Barbarians of Lemuria??

goodmanje
February 19th, 2017, 03:19
Is anyone running Barbarians of Lemuria? I don't think I've ever seen a game post for it. I bought the ruleset a while back but haven't gotten around to reading through it. I'm curious what people think of it.

vodokar
February 19th, 2017, 03:23
I haven't run it. I mainly picked it up because my friend Damned worked on it and I like to support my friends. It looks decent, but, I'll be honest that I'm not really a fan of games that only use d6's. Spoiled from using all the cool polyhedrals, I suppose.

damned
February 19th, 2017, 03:33
It is very much a niche ruleset.
A bunch of bug fixes and clarifications were added in about a month ago.
Here is a quick video on how to use the ruleset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evKsEpgrg6w

goodmanje
February 19th, 2017, 05:20
Cool, great video

damned
February 19th, 2017, 07:01
I haven't run it. I mainly picked it up because my friend Damned worked on it and I like to support my friends. It looks decent, but, I'll be honest that I'm not really a fan of games that only use d6's. Spoiled from using all the cool polyhedrals, I suppose.

Huzzah Vodokar!

Cool, great video

Hahaha - Im am not the most riveting video presenter :)

Ken L
February 19th, 2017, 21:07
I somehow read this as 'Barbarians of Leukemia'

damned
February 19th, 2017, 21:20
I somehow read this as 'Barbarians of Leukemia'

They will still pillage and plunder - just more slowly and more thoroughly.

Zhern
February 19th, 2017, 22:11
I picked up the ruleset too, but haven't had a chance to try it out. I had backed the Kickstarter and tend to really like the stuff Simon Wasbourne has done. Maybe there needs to be a game of this happen sooner than later. I'll take a gander at the rules again and see about putting something together for those interested.

LordEntrails
February 20th, 2017, 04:00
I picked up the ruleset too, but haven't had a chance to try it out. I had backed the Kickstarter and tend to really like the stuff Simon Wasbourne has done. Maybe there needs to be a game of this happen sooner than later. I'll take a gander at the rules again and see about putting something together for those interested.
FG Con is coming up... I'm just saying...

Zhern
February 20th, 2017, 12:44
Damn your logic!

mrjo2000
December 27th, 2018, 23:21
Hello Damian,

I am trying your BOL ruleset. I have an issue with the "Alert" Boon that Don't reflect on Initiative roll ?

Any patch soon ?

damned
December 27th, 2018, 23:32
Hmmm....
thats never been reported before.
ive just read the boon and I will need to see if there is a good way to implement into the ruleset...
thanks for the report

mrjo2000
December 27th, 2018, 23:38
Thanks a lot.
I am planning a Campaign using BoL rules in a personnal setting. Will start next Week. I'll give you has much feedback as possible with my terrible English skill ;)

damned
December 27th, 2018, 23:43
Thanks a lot.
I am planning a Campaign using BoL rules in a personnal setting. Will start next Week. I'll give you has much feedback as possible with my terrible English skill ;)

hah! thanks :)
be aware this is never going to be a ruleset with a lot of automation.
will certainly take your suggestions and feedback on board but may or may not implement it all...

dragonheels
December 28th, 2018, 15:51
I have run 2 or 3 introduction games to new Virtual players to let them discover FG and what a ruleset is. I did it with BoL using the ruleset.
I find it great.
Why BoL?
- Cause the rules are limpid and simple for new players.
- The setting remains one of the most popular

mrjo2000
January 3rd, 2019, 22:38
Thank you for the fix !

damned
January 3rd, 2019, 23:19
Thank you for the fix !

No worries. Thanks for running BoL and for the bug report.

Sasmira
February 23rd, 2020, 08:28
Oops wrong thread ...