PDA

View Full Version : D20 Modern SRD - Is anybody interested?

Doswelk
November 18th, 2005, 13:18
I am currently creating a FG version of D20 Modern SRD.

This is building on the D20 Modern that Bagpuss2 released a while ago.

I am creating the .XML files at the moment.

It will be a slow process as whenever an occupation, class, advanced class etc. lists a skill,talent or feat it will include a link to that entry.

to help me create this I am writing some tools to create additonal entries to the XML files to allow customisation, people who have used my NPC tool will know the score.

At the moment I have written the occupation tool.

I just wonder what the level of interest would be. :?:

gurney9999
November 18th, 2005, 13:27
I voted no, simply because I have never entered the d20 modern arena and probably wouldn't have time to over the next year. Don't let that influence your work, however. I think it is a great thing to do for the community and I'm sure it would get a lot of use!!!

Alkaven
November 18th, 2005, 23:10
I voted yes because I had some time to enjoy the d20 modern ruleset with one of my own experimental campaigns. It was quite enjoyable, but the class structure was pretty terrible. It needs a more solid boundary to work.

Still, I would never mind playing it again someday. :)

Rice-Rocketeer
November 20th, 2005, 04:51
I say hell yes! D20 Modern is the basis of many other super fun rulesets out there (Fantasy, Past, Apocalypse), this would be an awesome footing to getting those ones out there! Mmmmm.

tmertz1972
November 30th, 2005, 07:18
I think this would be great!

wavecutter
November 30th, 2005, 14:00
I voted yes because the more variety the more people who will be attracted to the client :)

Alkaven
December 1st, 2005, 07:53
I ran a very popular d20 modern campaign back in the day called Ivory Chalice. I only got to finish 8 out of the total 12 episodes. If they implement d20 modern functionality and reference material into Fantasy Grounds, I'll most certainly be running d20 modern games again.

However, I HONESTLY think they shouldn't have to stray from the D&D ruleset functionality to do so. If the time investment is too great just to implement d20 modern, I recommend against it until a later date. Mind you, I do like d20 modern, I really do, but there's nothing stopping anyone from playing d20 modern with the interface they have right now.

gurney9999
December 1st, 2005, 13:44
What do you mean by 'they', alkaven?

Doswelk is trying to guage interest because he is thinking of doing this himself. This shouldn't affect SW's development efforts.

Although I've been known to miss something here and there, being old and all. :)

Alkaven
December 1st, 2005, 21:59
Yah. It's been a while since I last looked at this thread. My bad. I was referring to Smite Works. Perhaps I just need more sleep.

Doswelk
December 2nd, 2005, 08:41
As one person already noticed (gurney9999) I tried to upload a work in progress version to Adventuresome Dreams but it was too big!

So I have created a Yahoo group as a home for the file.

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/FGD20ModernSRD

Will take you to the FG D20 Modern SRD group!

There is currently 1 member (me) and 1 file (d20modern.zip). Feel free to come and try the file.

gurney9999
December 2nd, 2005, 14:02
I'll check it out when I get home. I've never used d20 modern for anything, but I want to learn how to do ruleset work and you'd be a good brain to pick.

:)

Doswelk
December 13th, 2005, 12:15
Last time I looked there were 4 members....

Has any one found it useful?

Has anyone found any problems?

Does any one care if I finish it ? :)

Real life was getting the way so it may be some before the next update, but it will happen....

TruthRevisited
December 13th, 2005, 22:03
Last time I looked there were 4 members....

Has any one found it useful?

Has anyone found any problems?

Does any one care if I finish it ? :)

Real life was getting the way so it may be some before the next update, but it will happen....

**EDIT**
This ruleset is amazing mate. I am currently using it to get a Future game going. The amount of work put in this thing is wonderful. One would almost not even need the books, there is so much in it. I can't wait to see it completed.
TR

Doswelk
December 14th, 2005, 12:06
:D :D Some one likes me!!! :D :D

Glad to hear it!

Future will be added ASAP.

Let me know of any bugs, we have found more than one when using it (fixed before I released), but there may still be some lurking about.

TruthRevisited
December 14th, 2005, 13:26
:D :D Some one likes me!!! :D :D

Glad to hear it!

Future will be added ASAP.

Let me know of any bugs, we have found more than one when using it (fixed before I released), but there may still be some lurking about.

I will mate. Keep up the great work!

TR

Doswelk
February 13th, 2006, 20:27
I have uploaded an upadated version... (NOW UP!)

This adds the skills and feats from d20 future and the Ambassador class.
(I think I may have done the occupations as well I cannot remember)

I know it's been a long time since it was posted, but real life has got in the way....

I have not heard of any problems yet, please let me know.

Also the VB.Net tools I used to create most of the ruleset are still in development, if anyone wants to try / use / scream at me about the bugs let me know!

I am quite proud of the tools, they read the .xml files to find all the skills and feats the ruleset has had added and then let's you pick them from a list, and then update the display name but still points back to the skill / feat selected when clicked in the ruleset.

(It's easier to use than to explain.)

So let me know if found useful.....

Snikle
March 12th, 2006, 11:35
The updated files have been posted on the FUM site:
https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/fumcomm/index.php?f=45